"That's what I'm waiting for!"





Hello there!  Welcome to my blog - it's a place where I love to write little notes of encouragement for you to read and for me to remember!  Thank you for stopping by my little internet "space"! Lol!

"And I saw him looking at the sky, at Jesus and it was so nice it gave me a heart attack!  Then I just went over to him.  He spent the rest of the time with me and I spent the rest of the time with him!..."

Those two sentences above are a sweet quote from my 5 year old niece telling a fun made up story of how she "met her guy"! Lol! Where she comes up with these things I have no idea! I do know though, that she has a beautiful portrait of marriage painted before her eyes every day in her Dad and Mom who love the Lord and each other very much! (That has impacted her view of the truest of love!) 

My sister sent me a video of my niece telling that sweet story and although it's hilarious, it also has blessed my heart in ways and on levels that God knew I needed.  "Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength..." - Psalm 8:2a 
In regards to what she said, my heart says, "That's what I'm waiting for!"  Grin.  That truly is a picture of what I'm waiting for. Waiting on God's timing to meet a man meant for me who's looking up at Jesus enraptured by His glory and righteousness.  When it happens my heart will go crazy for sure and I love that my niece described it as a "heart attack"! Lol! And then spending the rest of the time with him and him with me" - "till death do us part" loving Jesus. That is something I'm waiting for, but you know, as I wait, (in every type of waiting) I want to "wait on" (serve) Jesus with joy and stand in awe of Him.  I want my eyes to be fixed on Him, the One Who holds my heart with such care and love and focus on the fact that with Him is the greatest love story of all time! Truly, love stories on earth as wonderful as they are, are only mere reflections of the love story of God and us.  No matter what your relationship status - THAT wonderful fact remains!


God's will is worth waiting for no matter what the outcome!  It can be a worth-FULL season if you choose joy, all-out trust, and praise!  Waiting is a part of life, no matter what stage of life you're in, no matter who you are or where you're at. It can be a REALLY GOOD part of life if you choose to live it gazing at Jesus and living in His presence!

 "Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord." - Psalm 27:14

"Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore!" -Psalm 16:11


Look up my friend!  Stay in God's presence, because that place holds FULLNESS of JOY - He has promised that with His Word!  And you never know who is watching and will be impacted by the sight of you and Jesus doing life together! ;)
-Bri

Comments

Popular Posts