"There is Just One You"

"I will praise Thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made:  marvelous 
are Thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." ~Psalms 139:14


Hey there amazing people! :)  Hope this has been a great week so far for each of you! :)

This week has been quite a FANTASTIC one for me, because this week I held my newborn niece.  The very first little one to make me an AUNT!  Wow!  I'm awestruck to say the least!  Life has just taken on a new perspective!  I have a renewed wonder at the marvelous gift that life is and how miraculously God creates it!  

I was sitting at my sister and brother-in-law's house a few days after my niece, Cora Mae, was born and home from the hospital.  I had her beautiful little life snuggled in my arms.  She was always asleep when I held her before, and I would just stare at her peaceful little self in amazement, but this time she was awake!  Her little eyes were taking in the new world around her. I sang quietly to her.  I sang her a song that I've known since I was little (from Jungle Jam and Friends) and the lyrics are these...

There Is Just One You


"There’s no one like you,
with your special smile;
there is nobody else,
that has quite your style.

There’s only but one
who’s wearing your face;
In all the world,
no one takes your place.

There is just one you,
not twenty, not ten, not two.
In all of the whole world through, 
God only made one you.

When it comes to you,
there are no duplicates,
although you may have
your family traits; 

your mother’s bright eyes, 

your father’s physique,
but all put together 
you are unique.

The things that you say,
the thoughts that you think;
in most every way
you’re very distinct.


If one were to search
they never could find
another like you,
you’re one of a kind."





I love my niece so very much, with a love I've never known and now do!  Whew!  Love is amazing - God is AMAZING!  Looking down at that little bundle in my arms, I think of how perfect she is. I think of how I wouldn't change a single thing about her.  I think of how wonderful her design is from her Master Creator.  It would be devasting, if that after I sang that song to her (and she could talk), she would say - "I don't agree with that song.  I don't like my design. I need to change a few things."  AHHH!  That would just grieve my heart, because I see her as her Designer made her - just right and wonderful!  

Ya know, isn't that the same with us?  God holds us in His arms, looks at us with more love than anyone has or ever could love us with, and "sings" this "song" over us and what do we do so often? We think/say the unthinkable.  We say that we don't really believe that song.  We say that we don't completely like our design. We think we need to change a few things before we are reeeeallly happy with how we are made.  How this must grieve God's heart!  He, the Perfect One, thought of and planned out every detail of our life!

Let's be satisfied in God.  Let's be satisfied in His perfect design.  Let's praise Him for how He made us and thank Him for His matchless love! <3

Psalms 139:1-18
 "O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me.
 2 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
 3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down,
and art acquainted with all my ways.
 4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether.
 5 Thou hast beset me behind and before, and
laid thine hand upon me.
 6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
 7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall
I flee from thy presence?
 8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
 9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell
in the uttermost parts of the sea;
 10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand
shall hold me.
 11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
 12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
 13 For thou hast possessed my reins:
thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
 14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works;
and that my soul knoweth right well.
 15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
 16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
 17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God!
how great is the sum of them!
 18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee."


 Know "right well" friends that you are MARVELLOUSLY made and that God loves your design!  Claim this today and every day - because it makes your Father SOOOOO glad when you do! (and for the times when you feel you can't - He's there to remind you and help you to!) :)

Blessings!!!!!!!
~Bri

P.S. Wanna see a picture of the "cute as a button" little one that inspired this post?  I thought you might! ;)



Comments

  1. Love this post! :) Love that baby girl too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Bri! Being an aunt is so much fun!!! ~ Heidi Mueller

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts