When God says, "This is it!"


Hello there!  It makes me happy to be greeting you here on my blog, even though I wish I could greet you in person as well!  Just as an “fyi", this post piggy-backs on last week's post titled, {When God says, “Wait for it.”}.  


First of all, I want to start off by saying that the topic of God’s will is HUGE, and His will is infinitely amazing!  God is not confined to any one certain way in which He speaks to us and makes His will known to us! His voice reaches far and wide and is sooooo gloriously powerful!  Having said that, this post is an encouragement, in a few words, on the topic!


There isn’t a set physical location where God only speaks to us (in church for example), but I can tell you that the most sweetest and most wonderful “place” to hear Him is when you are walking with Him, when you're with Him.  If He is your Savior and Lord then you are "with Him" when you are walking in surrender; when you are giving Him your every aspect of life and are choosing to put aside self to live for Him.  You are with Him when you are resting in Who He is and Who He made you to be. You are with Him when you are letting His Holy Spirit alive in you - reign!  You are walking with Him when you are in obedience to Him and when you are serving Him. (The true place of waiting - aka see previous post. ;)
God's voice isn’t hindered by a life not walking with Him, but when you are close to Him, you experience the beat of His heart and it's where you hear Him the most and experience His will in the most miraculous ways!


"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me." - John 10:27


God knows your desires, He knows what you are waiting on in life, whether it's obtaining something, waiting on a person, circumstances to change, a solution to something etc. etc. etc.  He knows your desires and truly is more passionate about them than you even are (yeah you heard that right! Lol!) and it's all because He loves you more than you can fathom!
Now, at this point you might be wondering when I'm going to tie in the title of this post, but stick with me because all of this is a crucial part to hearing God say, "This is it!"

"Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass." - Psalm 37:4-5

When you walk with the Lord, when you are living close to Him, He will do so many wonders that leave your heart in awe.  Some of them being in giving you the actual “thing” you specifically desired and were asking/waiting for and yet others being, giving you a different, but better-for-you version of what you desired and were waiting for. And still yet, He can also shape your desires during the waiting, so that you begin to desire what you’ve already been given or what you've already been called to with a new passion.  Those last two might sound kinda depressing but trust Him, because they aren't!!!!  His plan is so incredibly exciting – an adventure like none other if you let it be!  I read an article in which a Pastor said, “I always have the most fun in life when I am doing God’s will.  And that is because He shapes my “wanter” to want to do the things for which He has actually created me.”  Wow.  I couldn’t agree more with those very true words!!!!!!!


God speaks in many ways, through others, through gentle promptings, through circumstances, through your spirit in a still small voice and/or with an enthusiastic voice that’s so clear it’s almost audible, etc. etc. etc. Like I said earlier - He isn't confined to just one way in which He speaks to us! A huge key, for me, in knowing when God is telling me, "This is it!"/"This is what you've been waiting/praying for!" is through peace. He gives peace that exceeds all understanding as His Word, the Bible says and it's soooooooo very true. A quick little example is this, for years I had a deep down desire to have an art business. Over the years I would "dabble" in art things to sell, but whenever I would be like "Hey! I think maybe this is what I could go into business making and selling!" I would sense God saying, "Bri, just wait for it." I enjoyed some art ventures, but every time I would think of maybe making it into a business, I would hear Him say that phrase to me, "Bri, just wait for it." and I wouldn't sense His perfect peace in going that direction. I thought I had just about thought of/exhausted everything that I would like to do in the way of an art biz and had no idea what He was going to reveal to me as to His will, but I trusted Him. Well, years went by and a friend asked me to paint a "Grand Opening" window art design on her new hair salon. I did some research on what to use, did it, enjoyed doing it and then just went along my merry way. A little while later she asked me to do a winter design and I happily did it, not thinking much of it again, even though I REALLY enjoyed doing it! Then, I received a request to do another storefront window from someone who had seen my work on my friend's window and all of a sudden I had this INCREDIBLE peace that THIS was the "IT" I had been waiting for. IT COULDN'T HAVE BEEN A MORE PERFECT FIT FOR ME! It was as if the DIVINE GOD of the UNIVERSE had specifically designed this art business for me!!!! OH WAIT - HE DID!!!!! *Wink* It was through Him guiding my circumstances and through His peace and through much confirmation and excitement from the wisest counsellors and God's will encouragers that I know (aka Dad and Mom) that I KNEW without a doubt He was saying, "Bri, go for it - this is it!" (I have story after story of how He continues to guide me and bless my art business (2 years in now) and my heart is so full!)

"I will hear what God the Lord will speak: for he will speak peace unto his people, and to his saints: but let them not turn again to folly." -Psalm 85:8
"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." -Isaiah 26:3
"For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands." - Isaiah 55:12

So, dear one in waiting, walk with God - get close to His heart. Know that when you put Christ first, you will know true fulfillment and satisfaction in Him! For when you are with Him, you will know His heart and when you know His heart, you will see His passion for every one of your desires. And when you see His passion for every one of your desires, you will know and trust that He knows truly best how to fulfill them!  When you are with Him, you will know His peace and will delight to hear Him say, "This is it - this is what you've been praying and waiting for!" (no matter what the actual "it" ends up being - because it is coming from HIM!!!)  And with that, excitedly live in the HERE and NOW with joy and praise for the future and for eternity - ok?!!!!

"Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?" 
-Jeremiah 32:27

Blessings to you!!!!
~Bri

Comments

Popular Posts