Today is the Day!
"This is the day which the Lord hath made;
we will rejoice and be glad in it!" -Psalm 118:24
Hello there!!!! :)
Welcome to this little corner of the Internet where I'm happy to blog what God is encouraging me in! I hope today's post "pumps" you up for living today to the fullest!
Today. It might not seem like a huge word or anything, but it really is if you stop and think about it. "Today" means "at the present time". If we have today, it means we have life and life is a precious gift, so I'd say "today" is pretty awesome - wouldn't you?!
I pray that the following words encourage you to embrace today no matter what you're going through, what's going on in your life, what's overwhelming you, what's worrying you etc.
Today is the day...
- Christ is your Victor over sin, over stress, over worry, over needs, over you-name-it!
- A key that my Dad taught me is-Surrender + Praise = Victory!
- "But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." -I Corinthians 15:7
- Everyday satan will find any way to feed us lies, but the more you choose to focus on truth, the more you won't be deceived by anything not from God!
- Meditate on God's words and leave no room for deception that leads to sin!
- "Finally,brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoeverthings are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things!" - Philippians 4:8
- True freedom is knowing Who Christ is and who you are IN Him! Freedom is claiming His work on the cross and living for God's glory and not people's pleasure!
- Freedom is light because God is light!
- "Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life!" - John 8:12
- "...because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world!" - I John 4:4b
- "Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me!" - Psalm 139:5
- "Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great!" -Psalm 18:35
- Trust is laying your plans, dreams, hopes, past, present and future in the hands of God.
- Trust is all-out abandon (and it's worth it - so very worth it!)
- "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths!" -Proverbs 3:5-6
- Faith is the evidence of things not seen!
- God has designed faith to be powerful - we're talking mountain moving powerful!!!!!!!!
- "...For verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you!" - Matthew 17:20b
...of living all-out for the Kingdom!
- Redeem NOW for eternity through your words, motives, actions, heart, prayer and worship!
- "Life is a glorious opportunity, if it is used to condition us for eternity. If we fail in this, though we succeed in everything else, our life will have been a failure. There is no escape for the man who squanders his opportunity to prepare to meet God..." - Billy Graham
- "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal. But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also!" -Matthew 6:19-21
Blessings to you!
Today is the day!
God is excited to live it with you -
make sure to enjoy it!