The Greatness of Thy Loving Heart





Hello there!
Glad to have you stop by my blog today!  
Hope this little post blesses you! :)


I wasn't quite sure what I was going to post about today, but then this morning, at work, God made it clear what to share.  A song on Spotify grabbed at my heart strings.  It was a divine placement on my playlist really.  It was the hymn, "Jesus, I Am Resting, Resting."  The words were EXACTLY what I needed today.  Don't you love it when God brings that about?!  I've listened to it over and over and over, sung along with it, read it out loud, and shed a happy tear over the rich truth of it's words.
So for today's post, I wanted to share those words with you.  Like I said before, I needed this and maybe you do too!  I've not been placing my satisfaction in Jesus alone and God gently showed me that, in His amazing grace, and is drawing my heart tight to Him through prompting me to surrender my all.  He's been showing me that holding back on Him being my All in All in everything, for selfish reasons, is never worth the cost!  In 1876 Jean Pigott penned these words and here in 2016 I am being blessed like crazy because she did.  (Life is so impact-ful! Redeem it people! ;)


"Jesus, I am resting, resting
In the joy of what thou art;
I am finding out the greatness
Of thy loving heart.


Thou hast bid me gaze upon thee,
As thy beauty fills my soul,
For by thy transforming power,
Thou hast made me whole.


Jesus, I am resting, resting
In the joy of what thou art;
I am finding out the greatness
Of thy loving heart.


O how great thy lovingkindness,
Vaster, broader than the sea!
O how marvelous thy goodness
Lavished all on me!


Yes, I rest in thee, Beloved,
Know what wealth of grace is thine,
Know thy certainty of promise
And have made it mine.


Simply trusting thee, Lord Jesus,
I behold thee as thou art,
And thy love, so pure, so changeless,
Satisfies my heart;


Satisfies its deepest longings,
Meets, supplies its every need,
Compasseth me round with blessings:
Thine is love indeed.


Ever lift thy face upon me
As I work and wait for thee;
Resting 'neath thy smile, Lord Jesus,
Earth's dark shadows flee.
Brightness of my Father's glory,
Sunshine of my Father's face,
Keep me ever trusting, resting,
Fill me with thy grace."


Isn't the truth in that song so amazing?!!  Wherever you're at, I would totally encourage you to take a moment to read the lyrics to that hymn out-loud or in your heart to God as a prayer - it's pretty powerful and a huge blessing to you and to God!!!!!!! :)

May God be your satisfaction dear friends and may we put Him FIRST in EVERYTHING, not just a list of things!  May your heart be drawn tight to His.  May you not lose vision of living for the eternal Kingdom, no matter how hard satan tries to blind you, in every moment of this precious life! :)
~Bri

Comments

Popular Posts