Honor in Patience!



"...but let patience have her perfect work..."
~James 1:4a~


Hey there friend! So glad you stopped by my blog today! :) Today's post is what I'm calling a "Vault Series Post"! Lol!  What does that mean, you might ask?  Well, it means that I'm re-highlighting a post that I wrote a couple years ago! :)  An "Oldie, but a Goodie" as the saying goes! ;)  I needed a boost in the this area of life of late and I hope this post gives you a boost of encouragement too! :)


Patience.  I don't know about you, but I don't normally wake up in the morning thinking "Wow! I just can't wait to be patient today!" Lol. (that's kind of an oxymoron isn't it?! lol)  When we think of patience it's probably not something that really gets us excited, right?  Well, I've been thinking about how that really, actually should be the case!  God has been encouraging my heart with a renewed perpective of patience!  

There is GREAT honor in patience.
When I think of patience I may not get excited, but when I think of honor, it DOES get me excited for sure!  
Well, if there is great honor to be had and to be given in living out patience - then maybe patience isn't so dreary afterall! :O)

God really struck me with His Holy Word regarding patience, in the first few verses of the chapter of James - check it out!!! :O)

"My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations (various trials); Knowing this, that the trying (testing/proving) of your faith worketh (produces/brings about) patience!  But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect (blameless) and entire (complete), wanting (lacking) nothing! 
~James 1:2-4~

Wow.  I've read those verses many times - but they really jumped off the page and cheered me on with new meaning this time!  

Patience comes from your faith being tested and proved!  That is some amazing honor right there!  That is God-designed honor bestowed on those whose faith stands strong!  And faith standing strong brings GOD honor in return!!!
That, I'd say, is something to be excited about!  Don't you agree?!! :O)

·         Is faith being tested and proved hard?  Sure thing.  
·         Is patience the easiest thing to "come by"?  Nope.
·         Would life lack without faith and patience? Most definitely!
·         Well then, how is it possible to stand strong in testing and get excited about living out patience in every situation?  God tells us how, just keep reading from where we left off in James!

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally (generously), and upbraideth not (without reproach) and it shall be given him.
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering (not doubting).  For he that wavereth (doubts) is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed."
~James 1:5-6~

Ask God to give you wisdom, and don't doubt that He will, because He answers and is the Giver of all good things!
He's excited to strengthen your faith and for you to see and experience the excitement in patience!
:O)

Blessings on your faith and patience friends!  Me and God are cheering you on!  Claim the honor God gives and give Him the honor He is due by living out patience, with joy!
~Bri

Comments

Popular Posts