Oh, What a Smile Can Do! :)

"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones." 
~Proverbs 17:22

Hi there!  :)  
So glad you stopped by this post!  Hope it makes you smile! :)

"I like smiling - smiling's my favorite!" (to borrow a line from Buddy the elf!)  Lol!  Truly though - I really am a fan of "The Smile"!!!! ;)  I love it, because God designed our faces to make it!  I also love it because I've seen the power of a smile, especially one that comes from a merry heart!

"A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance!..." ~Proverbs 15:13


I've seen what smiles can do!  


I've seen a smile that can light up a room!
I've seen a smile be so contagious that a little baby's face filled with one too!
I've seen a smile that cut right through a language barrier!
I've seen a smile reach so deeply that it ministered into the life of someone who was mentally unwell.
I've seen a smile communicate more than words when words couldn't be spoken.
I've seen the countenance change of a worn-out store clerk just because of a smile.
I've seen hardened people soften because of a smile.
I've seen tears stopped because of a smile.
I've seen someone's day made by a smile.
I've seen broken people find comfort because of a smile.
I've seen anxiety calmed by a smile.
I've seen a whole love story communicated through a smile!
I've seen weary souls find peace and joyful soul's joy increased by a smile!
I've seen searching people find the truth of Jesus Christ and His redemption all because of an individual with a merry heart smiled!  

Is there a smile on your face right now?  There's a grateful one on mine right now.  I'm humbled by how the Holy Spirit, the source of all merry-ness, is alive in me and can use something so simple as a smile to change lives!  Isn't that amazing?!!!  It's incredible what God can do with anything surrendered to His will - including our faces!!!  Lol!  No, but REALLY!  Surrender your face to Him every day, so that as you go on your way - you'll be ready for smile ministry!  :) :) :)  

"Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God." -Romans 6:13

"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend!" -Proverbs 27:17

"In the light of the king's countenance is life!..." -Proverbs 16:15a

"The Lord bless thee, and keep thee: The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them." -Numbers 6:24-27

:) :) :) May your heart be merry in the Lord and your smile be ever ready to bless!  You will be blessed in return, even if you don't know all that your simple smile accomplished!  It accomplishes great things through the Holy Spirit and God sees and knows it all - and THAT brings a smile to His face!!!! :) :) :)
<3* Bri

Comments

Popular Posts