To Enter...

"Open to me the gates of righteousness:  I will go into them, and I will
praise the Lord!" ~Psalm 118:19
 
Hey Everyone!!!!
Crazy amazing blessings to you this week!!!!! :O)
 
I'm thanking the One and Only True God, Who alone is the Author of creativity and truth, as this is my 100th blog post!!!!!!!!!!!! (Huge grin and a happy and grateful heart inserted here! :O) 
I love God's truth and I love writing!  I'm so grateful to be able to use this blog to write and share from my heart what I know and am learning of God's heart!  Thanks to YOU - for being a seeker of truth along with me!!!
 
 
I didn't know what I was going to share for this 100th post - but God already did!  I love it how He knows everything and am so grateful He does!  He led me to Psalm 100 - which was perfectly "fitting" ;o) and a real blessing to me!  May it be to you too!!!!
 
 
~Psalm 100~
 
"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.
Serve the Lord with gladness: 
come before His presence with singing!
Know ye that the Lord He is God:
it is He that hath made us,
and not we ourselves;
we are the sheep of His pasture.
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
and into His courts with praise:
be thankful unto Him,
and bless His name!
For the Lord is good: 
His mercy is everlasting;
and His truth endureth
to all generations!"
 
 
Verse 4 really stood out to me - "Enter into His gates..."!   I love gates and I actually just took the picture of the gate above this past weekend!  (God knew, before I did that it would be for this post!  I love the way He works!)  :O)  Anyhoo, that verse got me to thinking about the customs of entering a court before the king, like in Esther's day. To enter, unsummoned, meant death unless...well, maybe just read the verses below and find out! ;o)
 
~Esther 4:11 & 5:1-3~
 
"All the king's servants, and the people of the king's provinces, do know, that whosoever,
whether man or woman, shall come unto the king into the inner court, who is not called,
there is one law of his to put him to death, except such to whom the king shall hold
out the golden sceptre, that he may live:  but I have not been called to come...
 
Now it came to pass on the third day, that Esther put on her royal apparel, and stood in the inner court of the king's house:  and the king sat upon his royal throne in the royal house, over against the gate of the house. 
 
And it was so, when the king saw Esther the queen standing in the court, that she
obtained favor in his sight:  and the king held out to Esther the golden sceptre that was in his hand.  So Esther drew near, and touched the top of the sceptre.  Then said the king unto her,
What wilt thou, queen Esther?  and what is thy request?...
 
~Entering into God's gates and courts means LIFE and life abundant!!!!~
Blessings to each one of you friends, to ever live in the presence of the King, to delight His heart through praise and give Him the gift of thanksgiving!  Run through the open gates of righteousness and enter His open courts through prayer - He loves to meet you there! :O)
~Bri


Comments

  1. Aw, we just learned about the story of Esther, with the Little People I babysit. =) Six 3-6 year olds, acting out the above story in over-sized costumes . . . it was adorable! Yet again, an incredibly timely and apt post, Bri! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts