Sunshine on the face - Glory & Grace



"O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. To him that made great lights: for his mercy endureth for ever:" ~Psalms 136:1, 7


Hi there Everyone!
Hope there's sunshine in your soul, regardless if the sun is or isn't out today!

The other day I was traveling down the road, headed home after a trip to Chicago.  I was in the backseat looking out the window.  The scenery flew by in fast motion.  I love being "on the move"!  I love being busy and active, so the car's motion was symbolic of my life.  It was a cold day, but as I looked outside rays of sun shined through the glass and fell on my face.  It felt SOOO good.  The warmth just kinda held me.  I closed my eyes and it felt like time stood still, even though the car never stopped moving.  It was relaxing and rejuvinating at the same time.  The sun was like God's glory.

That moment traveling down the road with the sun hitting my face reminds me of God's glory and grace.  I loved basking in that warm sunshine and it's a good reminder to take time to bask in the warm reality of God's glory.  I need to be still, even when I'm busy and let His grace hold me.  I need to let His glory penetrate me, calm my heart and rejuvinate my soul.  I need to, as the hymn says, turn my eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face and the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace! 

"And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory." ~Exodus 33:18


"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." ~John 1:14

"Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." ~ 2 Corinthians 3:17, 18


"O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor? Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again? For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen." ~Romans 11:33-36

"For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light." ~Psalms 36:9


Let's take time to bask in God's glory friends!  Redeem moments to soak in His true light!  Maybe turn off the radio for a few moments as you're driving to work.  Maybe step outside on your lunch break.  Maybe kneel at your bed.  In whatever way you do - ask Him to show you His glory.  May you live the day that He has made in the light of His glory and grace!

Blessings to you!
~Bri

Comments

Popular Posts