*Light*

"For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light 
in the Lord: walk as children of light!"
~Eph. 5:8~

Hey Friends!  Happy Day to you!  
This is the day that God has made - let's be totally joy-FULL in it - ok?! :)

Ever been in a building with all the lights out? Gotta admit, right? It can be pretttttty freakkkky!! Lol!  I was recently at my work place and all the lights were off except for one in the corner of the warehouse.  I knew the door to the building was locked behind me, but I still felt vulnerable and freaked out!  I was relieved when I walked into the lit area!  As soon as I stepped foot into that light I felt safe, secure, and ready to focus on what I was there for!  It made me think of how incredible it is to know The LIGHT OF THE WORLD - the Lord Jesus Christ!  Stepping into His light, we experience the core of what safety, security, vision, confidence and purpose is all about!  Being in His light is abiding where He is and knowing that where He is - light abides!  No amount of darkness can quench Him!  No amount of fear can prevent His work!  No amount of insecurity can quench His power!  That's Who He is - the Life which is the light of men!  Whoa. Now that is just incredible! 

These verses just jumped out at me for this post 
and I love how powerful they are!

"In Him was life; and the life was the light of men!"
~John 1:4~

"For with Thee is the fountain of life: in Thy
light shall we see light!"
~Psalms 36:9~

"Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for
the upright in heart.  Rejoice in the Lord, ye righteous;
and give thanks at the remembrance of His holiness!"
~Psalms 97:11-12~

"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light,
we have fellowship one with another, and the blood 
of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."
~1 John 1:7~

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom 
shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid?"
~Psalms 27:1

"Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory
of the Lord is risen upon thee!  For behold, the 
darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness
the people:  but the Lord shall arise upon thee, 
and His glory shall be seen upon thee.
And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings
to the brightness of thy rising!"
~Isaiah 60:1-3~

"Ye are the light of the world.
A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid!"
~Matthew 5:14~

Blessings to you!  May you know the security, confidence and vision that comes from walking in His light and may His light shine forth brilliantly through you as only He can do!
Shine friends - shine bright!  The world is looking for life giving light!
 :)
~Bri

Comments

Popular Posts