Experiences on a Plate

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord thoughts of peace,
and not of evil, to give you an expected end!" ~Jeremiah 29:11

Hello there! :O)
Happy Thanksgiving Week!!! I just love the holidays!!!!

I'm really looking forward to filling my plate with good things this Thursday and experiencing the Thanksgiving yumminess - aren't you?! lol! For today's post, I wanted to share an excerpt (that's soooo good!) from a book by Max Lucado!  Hope you are encouraged, as I was, by the truth that He shares regarding our life "plate"! :O)

~A Plate of Experiences~
from the book
"The Great House of God"
by Max Lucado

"Last night during family devotions, I called my daughters to the table and set a plate in front of each.  In the center of the table I placed a collection of food: some fruit, some raw vegetables, and some Oreo cookies.  "Every day," I explained, "God prepares for us a plate of experiences.  What kind of plate do you most enjoy?"
The answer was easy.  Sara put three cookies on her plate.  Some days are like that, aren't they?  Some days are "three-cookie days."  Many are not.  Sometimes our plate has nothing but vegetables - twenty-four hours of celery, carrots, and squash.  Apparently God knows we need some strength, and though the portion may be hard to swallow, isn't it for our own good?  Most days, however, have a bit of it all...
The next time your plate has more broccoli than apple pie, remember who prepared the meal.  And the next time your plate has a portion you find hard to swallow, talk to God about it.  Jesus did."

:O)
That brought a smile to my face - a fun example and application of truth! 
I'm glad God created vegetables and cookies! lol!
He is good and all He gives is good!


Blessings on your week and all that's on your "plate"! ;o)  Let's give thanks in everything!!!!!
~Bri



Comments

Popular Posts