Life's Throne

"...And who then is willing to consecrate his
service this day unto the Lord?"
~I Chronicles 29:5b~
 
Hi Everyone!
:O)  Blessings to you this week!!
 
Who's on your life throne? I needed that question today.  I also needed to take more than a second to think about it too!  It's a chair that demands a powerful presence and one who's reign will only be great if ruled with incredible wisdom and accute judgement.  I've given my life to Christ - all of it.  I've surrendered the throne of my life to Him.  Yet, sometimes I just love to walk up to that divine place and sit down and " test the cushions". (Well, at least that's maybe all that I convince myself I'm doing - lol.)  But then it seems kinda nice up there and before I know it - I've either put my mind, my will, or my emotions in "rule".   I try to "reign" my own life again and it NEVER turns out good!  Why would I want to have such matters in my own incapable hands - when there is a PERFECTLY qualified - ALL RIGHTEOUS, ALL LOVING, ALL MERCIFUL, ALL KNOWING, ALL SOVEREIGN, ALL HOLY, ALL UNDERSTANDING GOD and KING Who's greatest delight is to occupy my life's throne and Who's greatest passion is to rule and reign my life with absolutely perfect judgement and wisdom?!!!!!!!!  (YIKES! I've gotten "comfy" on the throne! What am I doing sitting here and putting Christ aside?!!!)  That's what I've been thinking today and I'm so grateful for Christ's patience and forgiveness!  I'm so glad he doesn't "give me the boot" in my pride, but firmly and gently takes my hand to help me off the throne and grabs me in a big hug as I confess my wrong and surrender my life's rule and reign back into His Sovereign hands! :O)  He fits on my life throne perfectly and when He's there and I'm where I should be worshiping - WOW, do I ever experience amazing freedom, love, blessing, clear direction and victory!!!!!!!
 
 
Live surrendered my friends!
Leave the ruling and reigning of your life to the One
Who does it best - for you!
Live free as who you were meant to be -
one who is close to their Father, the King of Kings!
 
 
~Psalm 100:1-5~
"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.
Serve the Lord with gladness: come before His presence with singing!
Know ye that the Lord He is God:  it is He that hath made us, and not we ourselves; 
we are His people, and the sheep of His pasture.
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise: 
 be thankful unto Him, and bless His name! 
For the Lord is good;  His mercy is everlasting; and His truth endureth to all generations!"
 
~Romans 12:1-2~
"I beseech you therefore brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.  And be not conformed to this world; but be ye transformed by the renewing of you mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God!"
 
~Psalm 93:1-5~
"The Lord reigneth, He is clothed with majesty;
the Lord is clothed with strength, wherewith He hath girded Himself: 
 the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved.
Thy throne is established of old:  Thou art from everlasting.
The floods have lifted up, O Lord, the floods have lifted up their waves.
The Lord on high is mightier than the noise of many waters,
yea, than the mighty waves of the sea.
Thy testimonies are very sure: holiness adorns Thine house,
O Lord, for ever!"
 
~Psalm 96:6-9~
"Honor and majesty are before Him:  strength and beauty (majesty) are in His sanctuary.
Give unto the Lord, O ye kindreds of the people, give unto the Lord glory and strength.
Give unto the Lord the glory due unto His name:  bring an offering, and come into His courts.
O worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness: fear before Him all the earth!"
 

 
:O)  Blessings to each one of you as you worship the Lord and live surrendered and free!  God loves to show you how perfectly and personally He rules and reigns, in wisdom, especially for you!!!!!  :O)
~Bri



Comments

Popular Posts