You are....!!!

"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life!" ~John 8:12

Hey there friends!
I'm having so much fun with these "You are..." posts - it just really gets me pumped about living in the fullness of who I am for my King!  I hope it pumps you up too!!! lol!!!


You, my friend, are
the light of 
the world!
I feel like this is one of those truths that I just kinda
get used to hearing, from sunday school and such,
but when I just stop and really think about it -
well, it's MAGNIFICENT!
GOD IS LIGHT and He lives in us!  If we are truly living in surrender
to Him and His light and claim that we are His living temple - then
there's NO WAY that His glorious light won't shine like
a beacon to the world through us!!!!!!


I really love Scripture's account of Moses, after he went up into the mountain and spent time with God, in His presence!  He came down from that mountain and whewwwwie, talk about beaming!!!!  He litterally was doing just that and the people couldn't even look on him because of the light that was radiating from his face!  Just think - that same God is alive in you!!!!!!!  And as you live in Him, people will see the light of life and be drawn to Christ through you - being YOU!!!!!  :O)  What a bright delight you bring to Christ!
As "tradition" would have it - lol - I must list some awesome verses about being light!!!!
Let's "soak" em up!

"For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ!" ~ 2 Cor. 4:6
"And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday." ~Psalm 37:6
"That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world." ~Phil. 2:15
"The light of the righteous rejoiceth: but the lamp of the wicked shall be put out!"
 ~Proverbs 13:9

The light of the eyes rejoiceth the heart...! ~Proverbs 15:30

"I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles!" ~Is. 42:6


Have a blast as you live surrendered and oh - so - brilliantly!  Know that God's light in you is reaching and impacting lives more than you can possibly imagine!  :OD
~Bri




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts