"Going Steady"




My mind can whirl with what's going on right now in our nation and in the world.  As I was thinking on such things I had this wave well up in my heart, not a wave as in a scary storm, but a wave of swelling sweetness - one of deep peace and overwhelming love.  Deep peace in the fact that God is my "stay" during this "stay at home" mandate.  Overwhelming love in the fact that God is steadfast and I am His and He is mine.  The phrase "going steady" came to mind and made me smile!  No, I haven't met my soul mate yet (wink) - I'm single excitedly waiting and celebrating that God is a God of perfect timing, but I am steadily going with God during this COVID-19 time and beyond!  Going steady during unsteady times because in the midst of all that I don't know - I do know that God is All-Knowing and that is enough.

I am in Christ and He is in me.  The steadfast God of all creation and humankind is holding my hand, reassuring my heart in truth, showing me that His ways are good no matter what and when I choose to live in that reality - the reality of these trying times grows dim in the light of His glory and grace!

If God is your Savior - this is very true of you too!  Let Him be your stay and steady and no matter what you face - look into His face and you will know an indescribable rest and excitement for the future!  He is a God of perfect timing - wait excitedly, trust Who He is and celebrate what He has done, is doing and will do!

Cheering you all on!
Bri

Comments

Popular Posts