Worry Debunked


Worry.  It's a “thing” for sure but recently I’ve experienced great peace to help not make it a “thing” in my life! 

I found myself worrying lately about a lot of things and honestly overwhelming and panicking myself with the worry. I wasn't quite sure how not to worry though. In my mind the reasons for the worries were valid. Then I talked with my Mom and God used her to speak truth to my heart and mind that impacted me in truly supernatural ways!  

I love that when we are stuck in a rut of something and can't quite seem to get out, God doesn't leave us floundering without a way of escape!  His goodness is miraculous and supernatural and wonderful.  Truly wonderful! He loves to help and see us flourishing not floundering and He enables us to flourish!!!!!!

The following truth that my Mom spoke to me, seems so simple, but if you believe it with your heart and mind, it's impact goes to depths that are life altering in the best way!  You ready? Here it is! 

NOTHING IS WORTHY OF WORRY.  ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IS WORTHY OF WORRY.   At first, when my Mom shared that with me, I added a "But, my worry and what COULD happen is valid." I was stuck on how “valid” my reasons for fearing and worrying were. To which she wisely responded in love, that even if the worst case scenario of my worry came to be, the worry would not add one measure of goodness or benefit to my life. There is no goodness in worry. Is worry worthy of my attention and emotion? Are the reasons for my worry worthy of my focus? My heart and mind answered in a solemn, truthful "No. No they are not." And then came a freedom and peace that I hadn't known in some time.  

Nothing, absolutely nothing is worthy of worry.  Worry is not honoring to God and is not living in the beautiful, peaceful place of fearing Him, aka living in awe and wonder and intimate trust of His sovereignty!  Worry robs us of the joy God has given us to hold onto and benefit from in EVERY situation.  Worry gives satan a hold on our focus and turns our eyes away from God.  Worry is not God given, is not God ordained and is not God blessed. I don’t want it to be a “thing” with me. 

I don't know about you, but I’m pretty sure you want joy and peace and I'm pretty sure you don't want to give satan any sick pleasure and I'm pretty sure you want to focus on what is pure and true and good - WHO is God.  I hope I'm not wrong. I pray that your heart and mind answers in a resounding and freeing  "no" to the question "Is what you are fearing worthy of your worry?".   If you are able to answer no then you just allowed God to debunk your worry! Worry debunked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Read the verses below and let your heart soar as they are love letters to your heart of truth - eternal truth claimable now. 

"Be anxious for NOTHING; but in EVERYTHING, by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known unto God. And the PEACE OF GOD which PASSETH ALL UNDERSTANDING shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." - Phillipians 4:6-7

"Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord and depart from evil!" - Proverbs 3:7

"Fear not for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness!" - Isaiah 41:10

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me.!" -Psalm 23:4

"There is no fear in love; perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." - 1 John 4:18

I leave you with this, "There is no panic in heaven, only plans!" - Jack Graham  
"...Thy (God's) will be done, as in heaven, so in earth." -Jesus 
"So in me." - Me (Bri)

Choose this day and everyday and throughout the day to focus on God and you will have His peace! Worry will be debunked, satan will flee and God will be glorified! 
Cheering you on!
Bri







Comments

Popular Posts