"Take a moment and kneel..." (inspired by a 5 year old)


"Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength..." - Psalm 8:2


Did you read that verse above?  Well, may this sweet story of reverence lived out by a little girl strengthen your relationship with God this Christmas and into the New Year!

My sister was shopping at Hobby Lobby the other day with my niece and nephew.  As they browsed along she look down to see my 5 year old niece down on her knees, bowing on the ground in genuine reverence to baby King Jesus (there was an outdoor nativity set up on a shelf above her).  My niece said to my sister, "Mom, would you also like to take a moment and kneel?  It's always a good time to worship Him! Go ahead, I won't judge you!"  So, my sister, there in Hobby Lobby took a moment and kneeled honoring the true King of Kings represented by that Navitiy scene.  My niece then said to her Mom, "Didn't that just feel good?!"  My sister agreed - it sure did!

In this busy time of year, and all throughout the year, may we never be to busy to "take a moment and kneel" in our hearts and even physically!  Because, as my little niece said so wisely from the heart of God, "It's always a good time to worship Him!"

This story delighted my heart and brings tears to my eyes at the humble and simple view of living life for God from the life of a little one.  May we have that view even as grown-ups and may we delight the heart of God by being in constant sensitivity and wonder of Him!

Merriest of Christmases to you and yours!
2020 is going to hold so much wonderfulness - because God holds us!
~Bri

Comments

Popular Posts