The Impact of Kindness

"Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, 
kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering." - Colossians 3:12


Every day there are abundant, divine opportunities for each of us to show kindness!
It's a simple choice to make, a small sacrifice worth more in value than your time, 
and an act full of impact that goes far beyond the moment you give it!


I was shopping the other day and was checking out at the self service registers.  I set my keys down and they slid off the register to the ground.  To be honest, I didn't feel like picking them at right that second and proceeded to scan the items I was purchasing. Lol!  Before I knew it, the young guy that was working as the overseer of the self check-outs came over and kindly picked up my keys and set them next to me.  I cannot tell you how much that sweet, simple act blessed me!!!!!  The fact that he was aware  and cared about what was going on around him, saw a "need" (that really even wasn't one, but still!) and he acted on it was very impacting to me! I thanked him like crazy!  He honestly doesn't know how much that continues to bless me, every time I think of it!  

The impact that made on me is a great motivator and reminder of how amazing giving the gift of kindness is!  It's a God-designed gift to give which blesses the giver and the receiver!  God's design for life and how His righteous character can be lived out is sooooo INCREDIBLE!  Don't ever lose the wonder of that!

Make those sweet and simple choices friends! Be aware of what's going on around you and care! Make those small sacrifices that are of major value! Do the acts that are full of impact!  Be KIND! :)

Cheering you on kind-givers!
~Bri

Comments

Popular Posts