"Where's my race partner?"

First, let me start off by saying that I’m no runner! Lol!  Walking briskly is more my speed, however, I do love “running” in the “race” of life that God has mapped out for me!  You know what else I love?  I love analogies and Jesus gives a lot of them in His Holy Word! One of them is an analogy of life as a race!  So, in regards to the title of this post, I’m referring to a “life race” partner!  


It’s been hitting me lately how CRAZY CRUCIAL every day is in life!  I mean, God designed life to give us the opportunity to live every moment redeemable for eternity!  I know this and I’m passionate about it, but He’s been pressing it on my heart lately to press harder and run this race all-out for Him!  To run in the present that I have with His Holy Spirit and to run for the future that I have coming, being with Him face-to-face!  WOWZA.  I gotta get “movin”! 

Do I wish I had a race partner? Oh yes!   Will I feel like my endurance is running low at times?  Yup.  Will I get out of breath sometimes?  Definitely. Will I sometimes feel like I’m running but getting nowhere?  Yes.  Good news though, with God I’m equipped with everything to help me during those times and through them and on to victory!!!!!  God's the best “Trainor”!  He’s not daunted or bummed that I don’t have a race partner and is excited for what His will is for me!  He helps fill my lungs, builds my endurance and keeps me encouraged!   He’s saying to me “Run, Bri – RUN!”  “Run to win!  There is a great prize to be obtained no matter how many is on your “team”!"

I can’t wait around moping, hoping for a race partner.  The horn has sounded and the race is happening! To sit on the side line focusing on how I’d do better (in my opinion) with a race partner wastes valuable time of running my race!  (And really, you never know who might be running the same race as a single person too, that you might meet along the way!)  THAT is the type of man I’d want to meet – one that’s running the race of life for Jesus!  A man focused on the prize and motivated to hear God say, “Well done thou good and faithful servant!"  I don’t want a man that is too busy sulking to run or too distracted by self and looking for satisfaction in worldly things instead of running!   I don’t want to be that type of woman either!  SO, if you agree, let’s be the type of runner we’d want to meet – a life runner looking to Jesus the Author and Finisher of their faith (running toward and for the One Who IS LOVE)!  Truly, the Holy Spirit is the best race partner, whether or not you have or will have an earthly one!  Focus on what you have, not what you don’t! 

Psalm 119
32 I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart.
33 Teach me, O Lord, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end.
34 Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.
35 Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight.
36 Incline my heart unto thy testimonies, and not to covetousness.
37 Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way.

 Hebrews 12
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

 1 Corinthians 9:24
 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may 
obtain.

 1 John 4:13
 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

 Isaiah 40:31
 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Blessings to you!  Cheering you on!!!! RUN dear one – RUN!!!!!!
Bri

Comments

Popular Posts