Being Single & Angel Armies

"Am I a God at hand, saith the Lord, and not a God afar off?" 
~Jeremiah 23:23


Being single and angel armies?  You might be wondering what the two have in common by reading that title...

Let me start off by taking us back in time for a moment - to a place where one of my favorite true stories happened!  Imagine that you are living back in Bible times.  You are a valued servant of a great man of God, and yet at this moment he is being hunted down by his enemies and hence, so are you.  You stay with him - loyal.  And yet right now is quite a scary moment, so scary that you fear for your life and don't see how you or your master will ever make it till tomorrow alive.  You've taken refuge in a city and yet the enemy has found you.  And we're not talking just a few evil men, we're talking TONS of men with horses and chariots, enough of them to totally surround the city during the night.  You had woken up early and discovered the grave situation.  You saw the fierce army.  Doom and despair had taken hold.  You rush to your master and cry "what are we going to do?!!!!!!"  And then calmly, with peace that baffles you, he says, "Don't be afraid.  For those that are with us far out number them!"  You're confused.  You look around and think "Who in the world is with us?!!"  Then you hear your master pray, "Lord, I pray Thee, open his eyes, that he may see."  Suddenly your eyes see a sight far beyond anything you've ever laid eyes on.  A speechless sight.  A glorious vision that sends all fear fleeing from your heart.  The mountain is FULL of horses and chariots, chariots of FIRE no less and they are surrounding your master all around.  Wow.  God had you covered - literally. You revel in His power and provision!

Isn't that such an incredible story?  It's a true one!  Above was my adaption of it, but the story is from 2 Kings 6 in the Bible! 

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not likening singleness to a life and death situation - lol!  What I am saying though is this, if you're like me, sometimes you feel surrounded by love stories and families being established and it can be overwhelming and sometimes disheartening when that's something your heart has always desired. And satan (the enemy) is all about getting God's people dis-satisfied and discouraged. But, the GOD of that true story above, the God of angel armies, is the God of your life story whether or not it includes an earthly love story!  Regardless, you're part of the greatest love story of all time - HIS story! God has redeemed you, claimed you as His own, is protecting you and providing for you in GLORIOUS ways! His heart loves to hear you say, "Open up my eyes that I may see your glory and kingdom!" Ask and He will!  God has you covered! The God of angel armies is with you!  If being single right now is part of His plan - know that He is sovereign and you are living out the sovereign will of God!  There's no better place to be!


"...Nothing formed against me shall stand
You hold the whole world in your hands
I'm holding on to your promises
You are faithful
You are faithful
You are faithful
I know who goes before me
I know who stands behind
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side" 
-Chris Tomblin

Have a blast living life in every stage for and with the God of angel armies! He's got you covered!
~Bri

Comments

Popular Posts