Convinced of What I Wanted



Hello there! 
I have a story to tell of a little something that happened in my day with some thoughts on how it applies in a deeper way!


I went to a coffee shop convinced of what I wanted.

I ordered, happily anticipating what I had in mind, only for them to tell me I couldn’t have that specific drink.

They made a different suggestion and instead of me just saying “no thanks” and leaving disappointed, I decided to trust them.

The barista handed me the “not what I wanted” drink and said, “Hope you like it!”. (I hoped I would too! Lol!)

I took one sip and suddenly what I previously wanted didn’t matter much anymore, THIS was an unexpected wonderfulness that I never had paid any attention to before! 
A disappointing situation suddenly “bippity boppity booed” right into a very sweet and fulfilling one, better than what I had "planned" for myself!

That was a short story, I know, of just an everyday type of happening, but there's so much to learn in little everyday type of happenings! So much that can be applicable to eternal things! 

Here's some thoughts regarding that situation!

-Be ready and willing for God to change your mind over what you “want” even if it seems like something different wouldn’t be good.


-Don’t allow “no” to what you want put you in a place of despair, instead stay in conversation with God and wise people and be open to new suggestions.


-Trust the Expert.  You don’t know everything, but you know a God Who does know and Who knows you best!  When you trust Him, even if it’s challenging to do so, your previous want will fade and you WILL experience His will, which is miraculous, sweet and the most fulfilling!   


God knows you better than you know yourself and He knows your wants and desires on every level – very well!  It’s His pleasure and great delight to help you truly know yourself more than you even think you do and to guide you to the deepest and truest fulfillment through His will!  (even if that means you “changing your mind”, because it’s ONLY for the better!!!!)

Cheering you on!
-Bri

Comments

Popular Posts