"Party of 1..."


This past Friday, I was on my own for the evening and while I have eaten meals by myself, I can't remember ever going to a nice restaurant with just me, myself and I. Lol!  I decided to go for it!  I like the Cheesecake Factory and hadn't been in a good while, so that's where I picked.  I even dressed up nice, because, why not?! ;)

I walked up to the hostess station and told the lady, "1" as she needed to know the number of people in my group.  She said it would be a few minutes and I stood off to the side enjoying my new little adventure even if it did feel a little lonely.  It's funny, I've heard many restaurants call out parties saying, "Zach, party of 4",  "Sarah, party of 8" etc.  But this time I thought more on that very specific word as I waited for them to call out "Bri, party of 1". LOL!  I thought, "That's right - 1 can be a paaaaaartaaaay too!"  Lol!

{Party: "a social gathering of invited guests"
                      "a particular individual"

If you know me, you know I'm passionate about celebrating every life stage to the fullest!  And while I dream of the day when a hostess will call out my guy's name followed by "party of 2" - I'm grateful for today's, "Bri, party of 1"!  Perspective is so VERY key in loving life and a heavenly perspective is the BEST and truly the most fulfilling! (If you've given your life and heart to God and live surrendered to His plan, the following is true of you too!) The truth is, I'm the particular guest of God's, lovingly invited and attending the grand occasion of His perfect will, dressed in His amazing grace!  I desire His will over my want.  God's plan is glorious - 100%!  While the status "single" might not always feel wonderful and sometimes feels disappointing, when you focus on the wonderfulness of God, you won't be disappointed.  Disappointment is not from God, remember that and live UP this very moment with eternal purpose which is "redeeming the time" as God has told us to!  There is such sweet purpose and deep satisfaction in that place no matter what number there is in your "party"!


"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10


"And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." - Revelation 22:17

"Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine  enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever." - Psalm 23:5-6

46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple,and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people." - Acts 2:46-47a



"The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing." - Zephaniah 3:17


"...And there was very great gladness." - Nehemiah 8:17
 

Cheering you on - the special person that you are - celebrated by 
God and loved by Him in every stage of your life! Live for 
Him loved one!
-Bri 

Comments

Popular Posts