Never Ever a "Let Down"


Hello there!  I'm so glad you took a moment to stop by my blog today!  ;)  

(If you've followed my blog over the years, you might recognize this post from a couple of years ago. I was encouraged by this reminder today and maybe you need this reminder too!)

I was driving down the road the other day listening to a Christian radio station and the song being played was blessing my heart!  Words in the chorus especially made me stop and think - WOW.  They said, "(God) You're never gonna let - never gonna let me down.  You are good."  Just take a moment and soak in that truth - like angel cake soaks in strawberry sauce! Lol!  No, but really - even say it out-loud to yourself, "God can never and will never let me down."  And then say it to God, "YOU, my faithful God will NEVER let me down!"  Wow.  Do you believe that?  We experience situations, trials and sorrows that are let downs in life, but don't ever attach the discouraging feeling of those as if it was coming from God!  He sometimes allows hard things to happen but is always working for our good even when we can't understand or see it.  

Sometimes being single feels like a let down to me - but it is NOT THAT GOD HAS LET ME DOWN.  That would mean that He would be denying Who He is - FAITHFULNESS ITSELF!  The let down comes from me letting something get me down. And when I look at the fact that God never has and never will let me down - well - singleness really isn't so bad. ;)  When you're in God's will - it's the best place to be!

When you experience a disappointment use it as a springboard to think higher thoughts - the thoughts of God's faithfulness and how HE NEVER EVER LETS US DOWN!  His hold is eternally faithful.  He is our anchor sure and steadfast.  He is the Holder and Lifter up of our head.  He is the King sitting on the throne in the throne room of grace!  He is the Alpha and Omega - the beginning and the end.  He is life and the fullness of it!  He is everlasting and His ways are perfect!  He accomplishes His will no matter what, even in the time of "obstacles or impossibilities" as times may seem to us.

YOU ARE HELD BY THE ONE WHO HOLDS THE GALAXIES.  Let me say that again - YOU ARE HELD BY THE ONE WHO HOLDS THE GALAXIES!!!!!!!!! And you are of infinitely more value to Him than the glorious vastness of space.  He has never and will never let you down.  Life with Him is never a let down.  Never forget that and don't ever believe anyone who tells you otherwise.  You, dear one, and all of your seconds, minutes, days, months, years and breaths, relationships, gifts, opportunities, roles, etc. are appointed by the Lord of Lords and there is no situation, heartache, person, or trial that can hold an ounce of weight against the truth that God loves you and has you in His hand!!!!!!!!!!!  When the things of this life get you down - take them to the light of your King Who understands and loves you and trust His infinite-beyond-our-understanding goodness.


Psalm 104 Bless the Lord, O my soul. O Lord my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.
Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:
Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind:
Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:
Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.
Thou coveredst it with the deep as with a garment: the waters stood above the mountains.
At thy rebuke they fled; at the voice of thy thunder they hasted away.
They go up by the mountains; they go down by the valleys unto the place which thou hast founded for them.
Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over; that they turn not again to cover the earth.
10 He sendeth the springs into the valleys, which run among the hills.
11 They give drink to every beast of the field: the wild asses quench their thirst.
12 By them shall the fowls of the heaven have their habitation, which sing among the branches.
13 He watereth the hills from his chambers: the earth is satisfied with the fruit of thy works...

John 10
14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

THAT IS THE GOD WHO HOLDS YOU AND WILL NEVER LET YOU DOWN! :)  I encourage you to read the rest of those chapters!  They're so good!!!!

Blessings to you!  
Bri

Comments

Popular Posts