Lights



Well, hello friend! It's been a little while since I've posted. Life has been pretty full of late and I took a little break from writing but I'm back for a Christmas post! Hope you are doing super and that you are enjoying this holiday season! P.s. Isn't my niece adorable? I adore this photo of her!


Lights.  I love things that light up!  I have hats, a scarf, shoes, wall and room decos and even a phone charger that all light up!  I just have this thing for light up things! Lol!  I think most of us enjoy light though don't we?  Light as simple as a lightbulb that enables us to see well in the dark, but also special lights like the ones that are lit up everywhere for Christmas time!  Christmas tree lights, seasonal city street lights, spotlights that illuminate houses with shapes of holiday cheer etc.!  Light - it's such a good thing - good for life and for the soul if you think about it!

I was thinking of some feelings and words that come to mind regarding the effect of everyday and "special" occasion light here's some below...

Inviting
Warm
Vision giving
Joy
Cozy
Illuminating
Sparkly
Cheery
Striking
Attention grabbing
Fascinating
Bright
Twinkley
Comforting
Confidence boosting
Wonder-filled
Smile boosting
Celebratory

Now just take each of those few words that I used to describe light and think of WHO is THE LIGHT! He IS each one of those descriptions and has given us the greatest light "show" we could EVER experience!

"In Him was life; and the life was the light of men!" - John 1:4

"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, "I am the light of the world: He that follows me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life!" -John 8:12

"For with Thee is the fountain of life: in Thy light we shall see light." - Psalms 36:9

"If thy whole body therefore be full of light, having no part dark, the whole shall be full of light, as when the bright shining of a candle doth give thee light." - Luke 11:36

"The light of the eyes rejoiceth the heart..." -Proverbs 15:30

I love wearing light up accessories and how it makes people smile and comment on the hat, shoes, scarf or whatever it is I'm wearing! Lol!  I love that, but I pray that the Light of Jesus is what they see most in my life!  I desire to choose to live in the light everyday, that the glow of His love might miraculously be seen in me and draw people to Him that they might be in awe of the Lord, be wonder-filled with His goodness and ultimately experience all of His marvelous light by knowing Him as their personal Savior - their own light and life!

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:" - 1 Peter3:15

May we look unto Jesus as a child looks at Christmas lights with awe and wonder and may we keep Him as our vision at Christmas time and ALWAYS!  Blessings to you! SHINE ON!!!!!
~Bri

Comments

Popular Posts