A Shooting Star and Waiting Heart


Hey there! 
Hope you’re having a great week!
I hope this post is an encouragement to you!

The night sky was clear and the stars were out looking incredible! 
I was outside in the grass, a bunch of friends and I were all on the look out for shooting stars. My friend Amy and I (both of us single) decided to take a couple minutes under that magnificent sky to pray for our future guys.  It was a sweet moment that I treasure to this day several years later.  That sweet friend is married now and has an adorable family and I love seeing the answer to her prayer that starry night!  God is the Giver of amazing and perfect gifts! 

I might still be single but that doesn’t make God any less of a giver or not faithful.  God has NEVER ever let me down including when He has called me to wait! Even though waiting times are hard, God always BLOWS ME AWAY – literally astonishes me with His answer always at the perfect time. Even though the answer and the timing isn’t always what I want – it’s always what I truly needed and BEYOND best and good, really, really, really good! (truly what I would’ve chosen if I had seen the bigger picture! I’m glad the coordinating of the bigger picture is in God’s hands though and not mine! ;)

This very moment God is working miracles on my behalf out of His matchless love for me and really THAT right there is the greatest gift – HIS MATCHLESS LOVE for me.  

Waiting times are unique and special opportunities to give God glory and declare His goodness even before seeing an answer to prayer! It’s an honor to wait friends – an honor!!!!!!

I recently was at a friend’s wedding and the song that was sung during the ceremony blessed me so very much! The song is called “Faithfully” by Eric and Leslie Ludy and I wanted to share the lyrics with you! This is my heart’s song in this specific waiting time…

“Tonight I saw a shooting star
Made me wonder where you are
For years I have been dreaming of you,
And I wonder if you're thinking of me too

In this world of cheap romance
And love that only fades after the dance
They say that I’m a fool to wait for something more
How can I really love someone I've never seen before?

But I have longed for true love every day that I have lived
And I know real love is all about learning how to give
So I pray that God will bring you to me
And I pray you'll find me waiting faithfully

Faithfully, I am yours
From now until forever
Faithfully I will write, 
Write you a love song with my life
Cause this kind of love's worth waiting for
No matter how long it takes
I am yours
Faithfully”

It’s an honor to wait. God is beyond faithful. Worth is not in what we have but in Who has us – and God the all- worthy One does!  Remind yourself of that fact as your heart will have many different waiting seasons in this life! Take courage waiting heart! 

“If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.”
2 Timothy 2:13 

“Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.”
Psalms 27:14 

“Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”
Galatians 3:6 (a promise that involved stars ;)

“And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:” 1 John 5:14 

“My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.”
Psalms 62:5-8 

“The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.”
Psalms 28:7 

“Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.”
Matthew 5:6-8 

“Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.”
Psalms 25:21 

Cheering you on!

-Bri

Comments

Popular Posts