The Greatest Treasure Hunt





Hey there! How's your week been?  I hope it's been great! :)
I'm a day late in posting, but nonetheless - here's some Bri musings! ;)


I think treasure hunts are a blast!  Have you been on one?  In my opinion (as a child and even now) my parents were expert treasure hunt designers!  Thinking back, I have quite the memories of treasure hunts that they designed for us kids!  They would hide our Easter baskets every year, and put on an indoors egg hunt too! (one egg always had cash in it! yeah baby! lol!) They would also get together with another family of friends and organize a treasure hunt for us kids to all go on together (and not just once!). It was legit!  We even had to go up to employees at stores and ask for clues that they had arranged to be there earlier for us!  I remember being in awe as I watched my Dad and Mom put together a treasure hunt for a church group that involved them placing clues INSIDE the cream of a Oatmeal sandwich cookie and RESEALING the package to hide the evidence of their clever clue hiding! They put one on for my 16th birthday party that involved me digging up a clue!  Ok...so I think you get my point!  My parents were good at hiding clues and enjoyed doing it!  They had the searchers in mind with every part of their planning and they were excited for them to search out each clue and find the "treasure"! All that to say, I loved the love and creativeness that my parents put into designing treasure hunts!  

You know what the GREATEST TREASURE HUNT of all time is though and who the expert designer of it is?  Well, it's searching the Word of God and the Expert Designer is God Himself!  Grin!  It's so true friend!
He designed His Word to be the most miraculous, exciting, adventurous, rewarding, mysterious, enlightening, thrilling, life-changing treasure hunt of all time!  He knew how important it would be to the value of our life to make His truths something to be sought out! The character we would receive from the search would be WAAAAAY more valuable than if He just simply gave it all to us annnnnd the search deepens our relationship with Him! He emphasizes the importance of seeking Him out and the rewards that come from it - in the Bible! 

I loved being on "the search" in the treasure hunts my parents designed!  I knew my parents and because of that,  I knew the treasure would be goooooood and I knew that they had made the clues with me and my friends in mind!  
Thinking on this is a good challenge for me to enjoy and love being on "the search" that God has designed!  I know Him and I know His rewards and treasures are out of the world - literally! The depth of His rewards are physical and spiritual annnnnd eternal!  Say what??!!!!!!!!  And He has designed the search with me on His heart and you on His heart!  Wow.  What a convicting fact.  I need to be seeking Him out!  Everyday there is an eternal treasure hunt before me designed by my Beloved and my Abba Father!  WOWZERS!  May I value and redeem each day for seeking His heart!

Deuteronomy 4:29 - But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find [him], if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

Matthew 7:7-8 - Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

1 Chronicles 16:11 - Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually.

Lamentations 3:25 - The LORD [is] good unto them that wait for him, to the soul [that] seeketh him.

Psalms 119:10 - With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.

Matthew 6:33 - But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Jeremiah 29:13 - And ye shall seek me, and find [me], when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Hebrews 11:6 - But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Psalms 34:10 - The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want (lack) any good [thing].

Job 5:8-9 - I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause:
9 Which doeth great things and unsearchable; marvellous things without number:

2 Chronicles 7:14 - If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

James 4:8 - Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse [your] hands, [ye] sinners; and purify [your] hearts, [ye] double minded.

Psalms 40:16 - Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified.

Psalms 119:2 - Blessed [are] they that keep his testimonies, [and that] seek him with the whole heart.

Psalms 14:2 - The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, [and] seek God.

Psalms 9:10 - And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.


What do ya say?  Would you like to join me in searching and seeking the treasures of His heart out diligently and excitedly?!  Ain't nothing, but to do it!
With a smile,
Bri

Comments

Popular Posts