A Covenant, a Journal and You!



Hey there!  How's your week going?  Good I hope!!!  Glad to have you "stop on by" my blog today! :)

This post is a short but sweet one and I hope it blesses you in your relationship with God!

I've been thinking on how I've been neglecting pursuing God's heart.  I believe with all my heart that the pursuit of a loved one's heart is a huge key in building and maintaining that relationship!  I adore the part in love movies when a gentleman thoughtfully and intentionally pursues the heart of the woman he's in love with and I love watching her as she pursues his heart as well with creativity and grace!  Here I am believing that pursuit is essential with all my heart and yet I'm not pursuing my Beloved God with all my heart! Good grief.  

The fact of the matter is - I'm in an eternal, miraculous, marvelous, mind-blowing and heart-pounding covenant with my Beloved Savior - the Hero of my heart - the Lover of my soul!  It's a love story for the ages that truly will last throughout eternity!  I have an incredible opportunity here on earth to cultivate that relationship , to deepen it and grow in it! I am here for such a time as this to pursue the heart of God and to bring Him glory as only I can!  Whoa.  Why on earth would I slack in that love mission?  (I chuckle at that pun there, but truly why?! Sigh.)  

I had a thought today come to mind and it was something like this, "I should journal to the Lord to pursue His heart this week."  In essence, like writing love letters of adoration, praise, thoughts etc. to Him.  So, in leu of typing that out, you all are my witnesses so that I'm accountable to do it!  Would you like to purpose to do it too?  I thought I'd challenge you to join my week of living "up" your covenant relationship with God by pursuing His heart in the specific way of writing to Him! (it truly is a sacred time!)

If you would like to do this - I want to provide journals to the first 5 of you reading this blog that respond to me by email!  I put these together just for y-o-u!!!!  Email me at summerbrieze@gmail.com and put "Adoration Journal" as the subject!  I'm grinning right now looking forward to receiving your emails and then sending out your journal to you!!!!

May we be in ALL-OUT pursuit of the heart of God!  Lord, help us to love You more and grow deeper in love and knowledge and wisdom of Your covenant with us and Your unfailing love.  May we run the way of Your commandments and delight you as we live righteously before You and for You!!!!!
~Bri

Comments

Popular Posts