"Hey, can I talk to you?"



Hey there!
Glad to have you stop by my blog today and I pray this little post speaks to your heart as the truth does to mine too!

So, picture this scene - ok?  You see a married couple. The wife is on her phone scrolling social media and you hear the husband say to her tenderly, "Hey, can I talk to you about something?" You would hope the wife would look up from her phone into the eyes of her beloved, smile, put her phone down and reply, "Of course!" - right?  I think that would be the loving way to respond and the right thing to do, but instead she doesn't even look up into the eyes of her beloved.  She continues to scroll on her phone and with her actions she sends a resounding "no" to her loved one.   Not a pretty picture is it?  It leaves a rather distasteful portrait of a loving covenant relationship.  Time is valuable and a gift when given.  She chose to not give him her time when she should have and she caused both of them to miss out on blessing.  Relationships require attention and wise uses and gifting of time.  Relationships thrive on two-way communication - they are nurtured by both sharing and listening with love and making each other life's priority!

The other day I sensed God prompting me to spend some time with Him.  (Essentially Him saying to my heart, "Hey, can I talk to you?".) I was scrolling social media and I had a choice to make in that moment and I chose the wrong one.  I just kept scrolling.  I didn't take time to "look up" into the eyes of my Beloved and I didn't put my phone down and with my heart say, "Of course!"  I just kept scrolling which sent a resounding "no" to the God I love.  As awful as that scene I talked about in the previous paragraph was - saying "no" to spending time with my Beloved Savior is even more awful.  (And I've done that more times than just the other day shamefully.) I caused us both to miss out on blessing.  I could've been a blessing to my Savior by listening and could've received a blessing by spending time with Him and hearing His voice. Nothing - I repeat NOTHING is more important than that.  I'm so grateful for the never-ending love of God that pursues me even when I neglect "us"!  His love is beyond comprehension and it's humbling that THAT love is for me! (and you!) Wowzers.

*Note to self* - don't say "no" to time with my Beloved Savior!  Time is valuable in relationships and a covenant relationship with God is the relationship of all relationships! (and makes all other relationships all they could be!!!!) May we love the Lord with all our heart, soul and mind! May we cherish time with Him as the priceless treasure that it is, give Him the love He is soooooo due and train future generations to cherish and love Him too by our example!

Mark 12:30 - And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this [is] the first commandment.


Psalms 27:8
When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.

Deuteronomy 28:1-2 "And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe [and] to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth: And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.
:) Bri

Comments

Popular Posts