A few of my favorite of life lessons from my fun-luvin Mom!



Hello there!
I was out of town last week, but I'm back and blogging!
This post's content is a little different than what I normally write about, but as today is my sweet Mom's birthday and Mother's Day is around the corner - I thought this would be fun to share!


My Mom is one of the most fun ladies and one of the most loving - I absolutely adore that about her!  She has taught me so very much by her words, by her actions, by her every day attitude, and by how she lives!  I wanted to share with you all some of my favorite of life lessons I've learned by observing her!  Hope it encourages you as it has me over my growing up years and as it does now that I'm grown. ;)


{Joy is a choice and a spectacular one!}  Growing up I cannot really even pull up a time when my Mom was grumpy.  She chose joy every single day - even on hard ones. (And I'm not saying that she covered up hard times with fake happiness, but that she was so in tune with God's plan that she actively trusted His hand and the overflow of that is true joy!)  She had and still does have this vibrance and contagious energy that she puts into making every day activities or errands SO MUCH FUN!  I mean even going to the grocery store with Mom was a fun adventure!  She infused joy into the car ride over there and continued to as she shopped!  I still sense the impact that had on me as a child to this very day as I go about every day things!  I find pleasure in the ordinary because of her!  My Mom chose joy and enthusiasm and it gave me a HUGE desire to do the same - now I choose it too!


{Speak life!}  I honestly canNOT remember one time that my Mom spoke to anyone (a friend or a random stranger) about any of us, her children in a negative way.  She didn't voice frustration about how hard Motherhood can be with us in ear shot.  Anytime I heard words spoken from my Mom to others regarding me - they were life infusing words - they uplifted me and encouraged me in good character.  The words I heard her speak about me and to me  made me want to be even more full of character - they spurred me on to live righteously before God, to honor Him! (and I loved to make her proud too!)


{Prayer & Praise are Powerful!}  My Mom is one of the greatest prayer warriors I've ever known!   She prays diligently and with so much heart every single day.  She loves coming before the presence of God and laying things on her heart before Him.  She also loves praising Him for His purpose before He even answers and she remembers to praise Him when He does answer (whether or not it's exactly what she asked for!)  Today, as I mentioned, is her birthday and you know what she did when she first woke up?  She prayed praising God for His provision, purpose and the people He's placed in her life specifically!  She started from the day she was born, through childhood and up until today.  She praised Him for very specific things and then prayed over specific people! (teachers from school days, family members, friends etc.)  Wow.  


Mom's love for Jesus leaves me in awe - truly.  I really inspire to be like her!!!!!!! ;)
There's soooooo many more of my favs that Mom has taught me, but I hope these three blessed you today!  


May your day be filled with joy,  may you speak life words to yourself and to those around you and beloved to you,  may your heart be in constant fellowship with God (aka prayer) and may it be bursting with praise over His goodness!
~Bri

Comments

Popular Posts