A Sunrise & Hope



Hey there friend!
How is your week going?
Is your hope tank running kinda low?  Well, let's get that filled up! :)

I was driving home today grateful for something that helped my hope "tank" today.  God knew I specifically needed this and gave it in such a way that only He, Who knows me better than I know myself could give!  I was thinking of how good it felt - hope.  
I'm telling ya -the best hope is hope that's founded in and comes from God!

I read Psalm 130 today and it blessed me and was super good to "chew on" and ponder in heart!

"Out of the depths have I cried unto Thee, O Lord.  Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications.  If Thou, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?  But there is forgiveness with Thee, that Thou mayest be feared.  I wait for the Lord (Jehovah), my soul doth wait, and in His word do I hope.  My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning:  I say more than they that watch for the morning.  Let Israel hope in the Lord:  for with the Lord there is mercy, and with Him is plenteous redemption.  And He shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities."

The verse that really stood out to me is "I wait for the Lord (Jehovah), my soul doth wait, and in His word do I hope.  My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning...!"    See that picture up there?  That picture was taken by a dear friend of mine at sunrise in Israel on Mount Masada!  I asked Krissy to share a few words that came to her mind to describe waiting for the sunrise and she answered with these two powerful words - "Peaceful Anticipation".  Wow.  Those two words so perfectly describe waiting on the Lord and being filled with hope.  

Are you feeling low in hope - then fuel up on God's Word!  His words have always been true and will always be true! Everything He has said has and will come true! The Bible is FULL of promises for you and God, the Promise Keeper, is fulfilling them this very moment and will continue to do so!  He is FAITHFUL and TRUSTWORTHY!  I know I've mentioned this several times in previous posts but I just am continually in awe of it!  The word "wait" in the above verse comes from the Hebrew word "Qaveh" which means "to bind together" (a twisting) "to expect" "to look" "patiently, tarry, wait"  WOW.  When we wait on the Lord - Jehovah - our life is being bound and wonderfully intertwined, woven with His heart and being in that place brings such a peaceful anticipation, a powerful hope for all that He has planned and is bringing to pass for His glory in my life and in my loved one's lives!!!!!!! 

Blessings to you!!!!!! Hope in God and His word more than those that wait for the morning ok?!!!!!!
-Bri

Comments

Popular Posts