{What's in a Name}




Hi there! Glad to have you stop on by my blog today!  Hope this puts a little happy in your day!

I just love the meaning of names and firmly believe that the meaning of a person's name plays a big role in their life!   I completely and excitedly believe that God uses the meaning of our names in our life - for our good!  I also believe that satan knows this and tries to undo and tear down that good by trying to tempt and turn a person away from all that God has made them to be.  

That's a lot of "I believes" in that little paragraph isn't it?! LOL!  But, it's so true and I stand by it! ;)

Some parents name their children by the meaning of a name and others choose one without even knowing the meaning and yet God still uses that too!

I have a reliable book with the meanings of many names and I love looking up friends and even acquaintances names to see what they mean and love to tell some of them what their name means - to speak truth into their life!  Quite a few people don't know the meaning of their name and I love seeing their faces thoughtfully think it over and even light up at learning more of who they are/are meant to be!!!!

There's been times where I've looked up a name of a little child in various kid's programs and am astonished at how exactly what their name means - is what they struggle with or basically are the opposite of! Yikes - satan wants to undermine who God has made us to be and His purpose for each one of us at a very young age! And still yet, others at a very young age, I see living out their name meaning with incredible strength!  Regardless, both need encouragement for purpose!  Let's encourage the younger generation in truth!!!!

Some names have rather strange meanings and yet God can use ANYTHING for His glory!  Here's a neat little story of a dear friend of mine and the meaning of her name that she shared recently!  It gives me chills (the good kind) of how God has such great purpose for each of us!

{Lorelei} Isn't that a pretty name?  Well, it belongs to a pretty lady that I know and has a unique story.  Basically, the traditional meaning of her name is "Lurer to the rocks" and as the tale goes (in my own short version) there was a beautiful woman who was jilted in love by a man and became bitter.  She was so bitter that she lured men to their death on the rocks.  Yikes - that's quite the tale right?  Maybe not the most exciting meaning of a name without Jesus in the picture - but now look at this meaning with Jesus in the picture!  As my friend Lorelei lives out so beautifully - because of Jesus she is made new and she loves being reminded by her name that Jesus is the ROCK of her salvation!! And because her life is His - she can lead others to the TRUE ROCK of LIFE -Jesus Christ!!!!!  Isn't that just soooooooo awesome?!!!  Such a perfect example of how God can use the meaning of our name so mightily in our life, for us to live all-out for Him! (The way He has fashioned us to!!!)   Such a purpose driven life Christ gives us! (in every aspect of who we are!!!!!)

My name is Briana Rae and means Virtuous Protector.  My middle name is my Dad's name (and he is one of the most amazing protectors I've ever known!)  He is a protector of his family, he is a protector of God's truth, he is incredible at counseling (which a great aspect of protection) etc etc. Lol!  (I might be a little proud to carry His name! ;)  I've always loved knowing the meaning of my name and ever since I was young have purposed to live up to it! Even writing this post has encouraged and pumped me in who I am meant to be! I want to honor God and live as He has made me to - with driven purpose to honor Him with all of me.  I'm humbled at His love and forgiveness over my struggles and failures, praise Him for the strength He gives and am grateful to be His!!!

If you don't know the meaning of your name - I'd encourage you to look it up from a reliable source (not just a generic search) ;) and I encourage you to ask God to show you how to live out Who He has made you to be! (and for how to protect yourself from specific attacks of the enemy!)  If you've believed on Jesus Christ as your personal Savior - you have been made new!  You're a child of the King with an eternal purpose!  There's power in the name of Jesus and His power is in you (insert your name here!) 

Blessings to you!  (and if you want to message me - I'd be happy to look up your name in the name meaning resource/book that I have!!!)

-Happily Ever Bri ;)


"O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!"-Psalm 8:9

"For Thou art my Rock and my Fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me!" - Psalm 31:3

"But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy namethou art mine." - Isaiah 43:1

Comments

Popular Posts