"U & Me" Engraved in a Tree


"The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, 
Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: 
 therefore with loving kindness have I drawn thee." 
~Jeremiah 31:3


Hi there!  Hope you're having a great week! :)

Have you ever taken a walk in the woods and seen hearts and initials or names carved into trees?  Does it make you wonder what the story is behind the declared love?  It does for me!  You wanna know what story I know and love the most about a tree and an engraving? :) Let me tell you! ;) It's the LOVE STORY OF ALL LOVE STORIES!  It's the one of sacrifice, redemption, salvation and eternal relationship!  

It's the true story of me needing a Savior to save me from my sin penalty and Jesus becoming that - willingly.  It's the story of how His unconditional love powerfully drove Him to be my sin's sacrifice.  He loved me and desired for me to be free of sin and to live with Him - so much that He hung on a tree. He hung there for me.  Nails driven through His hands, body beaten unrecognizable, gasping for breath and taking on all the horrific punishment of righteous judgement for my sin.  He breathed His last breath in a declaration of love for me.  That's the ultimate love story behind a tree.  That's the story of Jesus and me.  

But wait!  The story doesn't even end there - His love and desire for me to be with Him for eternity wouldn't allow Him to stay in the grave!  He rose again and His Spirit is alive in me because I believe!  Wow. :')  It's a speechless love story and at the same time, one that all the trees in the world couldn't be engraved enough to tell of it's wonder! Blessed be the God of Glory and thanks be to Jesus Christ for His unspeakable gift!

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him, should not perish but have everlasting life!" ~John 3:16



May you revel in the wonder of this story, because it's your love story too!  Your name is engraved on the heart of God, because you believe He died on the tree, so you could be free!  It's the most ultimate "U+Me" love note and declaration that you'll ever receive!  

"But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.  For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord!" ~Romans 6:22-23

May you praise God for His unmatched love for you this Easter week and may you return that love by living for Him!  
Abundant blessings to you!
~Bri 

Comments

Popular Posts