Singleness is not "Alone in a Wilderness"




Hi there!  I'm grinning right now at the thought that this post might be a blessing to you!  (some of you might recognize this post from a few years ago, but I wanted to re-share it in hope that it's a blessing to you whether it’s the first or second time you’ve read it!)

{Singleness}

 So there's a show that's about these people that each get dropped off in very remote areas and are left to fend for themselves and see how long they can make it surviving in the wilderness alone. Lol! I was thinking, "That's how being single feels sometimes!" Can you relate?! Lol! The "I'm all alone and trying to make it here!" feeling is easy to appear on the scene in this stage of life.  But, the key word in those last two sentences is "feeling".  Feelings don't always lead us to truth!  And in this case - they sure don't! 

EVERY stage of life is a glorious opportunity (and a mission really) from our Life Designer and Life Coach - God Almighty! 
I have to be reminded of this over and over and God is always faithful to lovingly do so!  I'm so glad He doesn't mind to continually speak truth to my heart, when it grows weary in the waiting areas of life! 


He knows that sometimes we can feel alone.  
He knows the feelings that sometime lead to discouragement.
He sees every secret tear. 
He knows that satan is ever so ready to feed lies of doubt and insecurity into the minds of those that have chosen to wait on His timing.  
He knows the desires of our hearts.  
And most importantly - HE KNOWS ALL THINGS - all things about me, and you,about each of our dreams, about our heart, about our future spouses, about our future - and HE'S EXCITED about all He has planned! He's thrilled over the timing that He knows is just perfect!!!!!!! 

The simple fact of the singleness "blues" is this: 
When I take my eyes off my Beloved Father and Expert Love Story Writer - I start to focus on the "waves" of discouragement in the stage of life I'm in. And that's just no good!
But when I fix my eyes on Him Who loves me and my life far beyond any kind of earthly love I could ever dream up in this heart of mine - I feel His strong hand gently take mine and I hear Him say, "I love you.  Trust Me."

  The "wilderness" is not where my feet are stuck and sinking in the quicksand of discouragement anymore.  
Instead, my "feet" have a purpose - to live up this stage of life to the fullest of what God has appointed me to!  To impact the lives around me as only I can in this way, for such a time as this!  To use waiting times to humble my heart, to bring glory to God, to live in this very moment and make it so beautiful that it's worth remembering, to bless others, to redeem now for eternity (the greatest happily ever after of all), and to praise God for how He's at work right this moment on my future!!!!! 

I truly believe that if God showed me, right now, the bigger picture of my love story - I would pick His plan in a heartbeat over my "wanting it right now" feeling. :)

God is good friends!  He's not slack concerning His promises and He's not a God Who doesn't care about your life details.  TRUST HIM WITH THOSE DETAILS WHEN IT'S SO TEMPTING TO "TAKE MATTERS IN YOUR OWN HANDS". "HANDS DOWN" - HIS ARE THE BEST HANDS TO HOLD YOUR LOVE STORY! ;) 

Remember that when you put Christ first, you know true fulfillment and satisfaction in Him! 

These verses are gold nuggets of treasure to a heart that's waiting on the Lord - read them and believe them!!! :)

“If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:1-4‬ ‭

“Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭5:7‬

“What man is he that feareth the Lord? him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose. His soul shall dwell at ease; and his seed shall inherit the earth. The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭25:12-14, 21‬ ‭

“Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust. O my soul, thou hast said unto the Lord, Thou art my Lord: my goodness extendeth not to thee;

The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot.

I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons. I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy 
presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭16:1-2, 5, 7-11‬

“I will extol thee, my God, O king; and I will bless thy name for ever and ever. Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever. Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable. One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts. I will speak of the glorious honour of thy majesty, and of thy wondrous works. And men shall speak of the might of thy terrible acts: and I will declare thy greatness. They shall abundantly utter the memory of thy great goodness, and shall sing of thy righteousness. The Lord is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy. The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works. All thy works shall praise thee, O Lord; and thy saints shall bless thee. They shall speak of the glory of thy kingdom, and talk of thy power; To make known to the sons of men his mighty acts, and the glorious majesty of his kingdom. Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and thy dominion endureth throughout all generations. The Lord upholdeth all that fall, and raiseth up all those that be bowed down. The eyes of all wait upon thee; and thou givest them their meat in due season. Thou openest thine hand, and satisfiest the desire of every living thing. The Lord is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works. The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth. He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them. The 
Lord preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy. My mouth shall speak the praise of the Lord: and let all flesh bless his holy name for ever and ever.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭145:1-21‬ ‭

Blessings to you friend!  May God bless you with a deep peace and excitement over His plan for you! Cast away those "wilderness" feelings and walk rejoicing with the One Who knows you best! 

Much love,
Bri

Comments

Popular Posts