When God says, "Wait for it..."



The subject of waiting is dear to my heart, which you probably have noticed from previous posts – lol!  I know I post quite a bit on it, but I love how God has designed this amazing life so that we just keep learning and He just keeps revealing more of Himself to us along the journey! So - I keep posting what He keeps sharing with my heart especially on this theme.  I've been so excited as I've been writing this - to post it!  God amazes me and I hope you're amazed by Him in a special way as you read these words He's prompted me to type!

“Wait.”  This generation sadly doesn’t appreciate those words as we should.  I think of how pretty much anything is accessible at the touch of a finger or by the spoken words “hey siri” or “hey google”.  I mean, if Siri doesn’t understand my command right away, I get aggravated!  *palm to face in shame*  I think of the olden days and how they had to wait for pretty much everything.  I mean, they waited forever for mail to make it between them and loved ones, they waited for news to travel (quite literally) from town to town, they waited to go into town till they needed things and waited on crops patiently to give them the income they needed to buy necessities. Even courtships were infused with patience and I could go on!   Don’t get me wrong, I love the advancements in society now, but I will say that simplicity is a wonderful thing too!  Advancements can spoil us if we let it breed selfishness as it so easily can!  Patience truly is a virtue.

I think most of us, if we’re honest, don’t want to hear God say, “Wait for it”.  So many Christians don’t stop to listen to Him.  They just make choices they want to make and hope He’ll bless them along their own way.  They don’t really want to hear what He’s saying to them, because it might not be what they want to hear.  I know I can be like that pretty easily.  Selfishness is an “easy” button, but easy isn’t always right in this God-given life.

When you’re willing to listen and you choose to do so – your heart is in a beautiful place – a holy place – a place where miracles happen, because where God’s voice is, is where miracles are. (that truth gives me excited chills and brings humble tears to my eyes)  

Why do I tend to run from that place?  

He knows me best and only wants what is best for me, and many times that involves waiting, as much as I might not want it to.  His goodness and will - is THE BEST!
A definition of "wait" in Hebrew is "to bind together".  To wait on God is to bind your heart with His. I've said this before, but it's still true - waiting seems to get a rap of being "a tortuous holding pattern", "a boring place" or "an awful place of anxiousness". (I mean - I tend to give it that rap myself!)  Yet, God reminds me over and over so lovingly and patiently that to "wait on" Him is a place of stillness aka peace, but is also an active place!  To “wait on the Lord” is to be actively seeking His will and intently listening to His voice and counsel, obeying Him and resting in His peace.

Here's an example that God brought to mind today that makes me smile big and laugh with joy at the picture it paints of someone who is in a waiting place.

Think of your favorite restaurant.  Now at restaurants there are  “Waiters” right?  A Waiter's job is not to sit down somewhere in the background bored and not doing anything – that’s not his or her purpose at all!  The purpose of a waiter is to serve right? YES!  A great waiter listens to the one’s he/she is serving with an attentive ear ready to be of service. An excellent waiter actively seeks how they can fulfill the customer’s desires with enthusiasm and joy (regardless of what they get out of it)!  Oh, and nobody is benefited by a grumpy, impatient waiter are they?  Nope.  Lol!


Well, that’s exactly what a good Wait-er on God does – listens to His voice with an attentive ear ready to obey, and actively serves HIM and seeks to know and fulfill HIS desires (regardless of whether we get what we are asking Him for or not "out of it") !!!!!!!!!!!!! But let me tell you this – serving God is NEVER a loss and ONLY a blessing! (Let's not be grumpy, impatient waiters ok?!) Lol!

So, dear one, when you are desiring something in this life and God is saying to your heart, "Wait for it..." - DO IT!  You'll never regret it - ever.

P.S.  When you wish something you're waiting for was coming your way - remind yourself of the BEST "coming"!  "Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord...Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh." - James 5:7,9  ;)

Much love in Christ,
Bri

"The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in Him.  The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeks Him!" - Lamentations 3:24-25


"Therefore turn thou to thy God: keep mercy and judgment, and wait on thy God continually!" - Hosea 12:6


"Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord." - Psalm 27:14



Thanks to Greetabl.com for awesome products which come in cute boxes aka the box pictured above! 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts