This is My Father's World







Hello there! I'm smiling thinking of you sitting in your corner of the world reading this post. Truly I'm honored that you would take the time to do so and I'm humbled that God uses us to encourage one another so powerfully. So thank you for encouraging me by desiring to seek after every truth! May this post be some fuel for your truth claiming today!

The other day I was at work and a hymn popped into my mind and I started to sing it and was blessed by it's simple yet profound truth. The hymn was "This is My Father's World" and the lyrics written by Maltbie D. Babcock are these...


  1. "This is my Father’s world,
    And to my list’ning ears
    All nature sings, and round me rings
    The music of the spheres.
    This is my Father’s world:
    I rest me in the thought
  2. Of rocks and trees, of skies and seas—
    His hand the wonders wrought.
  3. This is my Father’s world:
  4. The birds their carols raise,
    The morning light, the lily white,
    Declare their Maker’s praise.
    This is my Father’s world:
    He shines in all that’s fair;
    In the rustling grass I hear Him pass,
    He speaks to me everywhere.
  5. This is my Father’s world:
    Oh, let me ne’er forget

    That though the wrong seems oft so strong,
    God is the ruler yet.
    This is my Father’s world,
    The battle is not done:
    Jesus who died shall be satisfied, 
  6. And earth and Heav’n be one."


Such a powerful reminder it was to me that with all the evil in this world - "God is the Ruler yet." (And always will be!). Wow. Just soak that in for a moment. 

Nothing and I mean NOTHING can undermine God and His purposes - this is His world - O let me never forget - that though the wrong seems oft so strong - God is the Ruler yet. 

Do you know the Creator of the Universe more than just a God Who set things into motion?  The truth is that He is your Creator and the Savior of your sins - the One Who took the death penalty that is on all of mankind upon Himself so we could be freed from it AND He did it no strings attached. He gave it as a gift - but a gift that you have to accept in order to have. Do you believe He is that and did that for you? If you do - if you believe on Him as your personal Savior - then He's also Your Heavenly Father and the Father that holds this world in His hands holds you for eternity. Rest in that truth today ok?!

Blessings to you! 
Bri 

Comments

Popular Posts