Wind & A Wise Man





Hi there!  I hope you've been having a great week!  I thought I would share a short story with you today of something that happened to me recently!


I had a mission to redo our church's bulletin board with a Christmas theme.  I grabbed my supplies and awkwardly tried to carry them all at once (including a huge poster board) from my house to my car.  (I'm totally one of those "must make only one trip" people! Lol! Which isn't always a great idea. Lol!)  Anyways, on top of me trying to carry too many things at once - it was a windy day.  Nevertheless, I got my stuff into my car and headed to church.  Once I got there, I unloaded (what I thought was everything) and started to accomplish my mission! I began gluing cut-outs of wise men onto my board but quickly realized that I was missing one!  I couldn't find that cut-out anywhere and even called my bro to check at the house for me and still no wise man. *insert a slightly stressed/disappointed Bri*  I knew the  mission had to go on - so I made another one.   I left church that day not having ever found him but, I had been given the opportunity to carry-out perseverance, diligence and resourcefulness through the frustrating situation - so it wasn't a total loss! 

Fast forward to the next morning as I'm about to leave for work - I  look out into the driveway to see my missing wise man hanging out by my car!  (I live with my sweet parents [who are my best friends] and my Dad had found him outside and propped him up on my window as you see in the picture above! LOL!)

Now, in that moment it was funny but also a feeling of "oh man!" All that work of re-doing him and now he's found!  But, that's not the end of the story!   I took him off my window and put him inside my car and drove to work.  The work day goes by and I'm starting another art project that involves wise men.  I'm a ways along on the project and realize that a cut-out version of a wise man would help my project BIG TIME to be accomplished more efficiently and definitely faster.  **DING** Something rings a bell in my head (aka God reminds me) of the most perfect cut-out of a certain wise man that I have sitting IN MY CAR!!!!! LOL LOL!!!! (And it was the exact size I needed.)  Yesssssss - suddenly that lost wise man didn't seem as much of a "loss" anymore!  God has the most wonderfully genuine sense of humor and love for us and the details of our life!!  He also has a passion for giving us opportunities to redeem seemingly frustrating situations for His glory!!!  If I had never found that cut-out, it still would have been a good learning experience to live out God's character! And yet, how this one played out was a great blessing of seeing God's passion to make me smile, provide for me, and remind me that He's ALWAYS at work!!!!  No matter what "winds" occur in our plans, it doesn't effect God's will from being accomplished!! No matter what the outcome HE IS GOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!! And I am grateful!!!!!

Trust Him with your every moment friend!  He is faithful and loves being the best part of your day no matter what the day holds!  (because HE IS THE BEST!!!)


"A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps." - Proverbs 16:9

"Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?" - Jeremiah 32:27

"And he said, It is the LORD: let him do what seemeth him good." 
- 1 Samuel 3:18b

"The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee." - Jeremiah 31:3

Blessings to you!
-Bri

Comments

Popular Posts