Speak It!




Hey there!  Happy November to you!  Hope this post gives your day a boost!

As I was about my day today I had a short but sweet conversation with a lady (that I had never met before) about how we were both excited about Christmas coming up!  She mentioned she was already watching Christmas movies and I mentioned how I just love the festiveness of it all!  And then I said that it's great to celebrate Jesus and she agreed.  It was a fun little chat and made my heart happy!

Later, I thought about how sweet it was to say the name of Jesus in that conversation.  I tend to kinda hesitate to say His Name in conversations with strangers, but never regret when I do and want to do so more often and more confidently!   Here are some thoughts about speaking His Name!

1) WHAT AN HONOR IT IS TO SPEAK THE NAME OF JESUS!  Just as I love to tell others about my beloved Dad, Mom, Sis, Bro, Bro-in-law and niece and love saying their names to others - ALL the MORE should I love to say the name of my beloved Savior and King!!!!!!  

2)  He says that His Word never returns void - and HE IS THE WORD!  I mean, think about it - NEVER RETURNS VOID?! Saaaaay Whaaaat?!!  Yeah. Say His name!!!  lol!  "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." -Isaiah 55:11 Wow. LET'S SPEAK IT!

3)  There is power in His Name!  (And it's a wonder that we, His creation are allowed to even utter it - the names of an ALMIGHTY INFINITE God - let alone that it brings Him GREAT delight when we do!!! Wowzers!!!!!!! "Forasmuch as there is none like unto thee, O Lord; thou art great, and thy name is great in might!" -Jeremiah 10:6

4) When we speak His name - we are speaking love because HE IS LOVE ITSELF!!! Let's do it - let's speak it people! "And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him." - John 4:16


"Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
There's just something about that name
Master, Savior, Jesus
Like the fragrance after the rain
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
Let all heaven and earth proclaim
Kings and Kingdoms will all pass away
But there's just something about that name!"  
-Gaither Vocal Band

"At the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow, 
Every tongue confess Him King of glory now;
'Tis the Father's pleasure we should call Him Lord,
Who from the beginning was the mighty Word.

Name Him, brother, name Him, with love strong as death
But with awe and wonder, and with bated breath!
He is God the Savior, He is Christ the Lord,
Ever to be worshipped, trusted and adored."
-At The Name of Jesus

Speak it friends - speak the name of Jesus!  He loves when you do, you will be blessed when you do and others will benefit from it too!  * High Five*  Let's get to it! ;)  -Bri

Comments

Popular Posts