Piece of Cake



I didn't really have lunch plans today, but God did for me (which I was unaware of at first).  I walked out of my workplace on my lunch break and made a last minute decision to go the the post office and send out some mail.  (a seemingly normal decision, but it had God written on it more that I knew at that moment)  I then drove the longer way back to work. (another semi-normal life decision, but yet again, God directed).  I was following behind the same car for a little while on my route back and eventually they turned and I went straight, but in another unplanned moment (but yet again God -planned) decided to stop through McDonald's drive-thru for a sweet tea.  Now, I know these seem like a lot of details, but they are each important to my point of this story!  Hang in there! Lol!  The drive-thru had two lanes and I pulled into one and then looked over to see that my road buddy (the car I was behind for awhile) had actually pulled up to the other lane almost at the exact same time!  Lol!  Apparently they were thinking McDonald's too! ;)  As I'm ordering I feel prompted to pay for that person (aka road buddy) if I end up in front of them after ordering and sure enough I finished ordering first and pulled up and happily paid for that person's meal!  I figured I wouldn't ever really know if or how much it blessed them, but my heart and face was grinning at the opportunity to bless a person that God really wanted me too!

I pull onto the main street headed back to work and wouldn't you know it, the way the traffic was and the traffic lights were timed, (God's timing) that person ended up pulling up right next to me and proceeded to thank me like crazy and share with me how they had just treated a police officer to a meal the other day and then thanked me some more!  *Insert more grinning*  The lights then turned green and we both went our separate ways - both really blessed - all because of God.

I marveled at the reminder of how much God loves to be divinely involved in our life details!  My life is not my own - it's HIS - I'm HIS!  I want to live more in the reality of that.  I want to be sensitive to His Spirit guiding and directing in even the smallest of life decisions!  I just want to be with Him!  It's the best place/reality to be!

I was talking to my Mom tonight about it and was telling her how in awe I was about God having organized every second of my day to coordinate with that person's day down to milliseconds of me pulling up to the window right before them.  I said to her, "I hadn't even planned on going to the post office or McDonald's, but God wanted me to in order to bless that specific person's day!  If He is that passionate about a little life thing like that - how much MORE passionate is He about orchestrating and divinely working out the timing of my love story?!  He's got it!"    To which my Mom simply and profoundly replied, "PIECE OF CAKE."

*Insert more grinning!*  It's SOOOOO true friends!  Is there something in life that you're waiting on God's timing and details regarding?  DON'T DOUBT HIS PASSION FOR BRINGING HIS WILL FOR YOU ABOUT IN HIS PERFECT WAY AND TIME!  It's a piece of cake to Him, but remember - HE IS SOVEREIGN and ALL KNOWING - He is ALL ABOUT timing and not confined by time!!!  Trust His heart and choose to grin whether you see Him at work or not - BECAUSE HE IS!  Every moment in the life of someone surrendered to God is ordained by Him - every. single. moment!  ;)

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today and forever!" -Hebrews 13:8 

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths!"  - Proverbs 3:5-6

"Lead me in thy truth, and teach me:
for thou art the God of my salvation;
on thee do I wait all the day." -Psalm 25:5

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose!" -Romans 8:28


 Hope this post put a grin on your face and heart!  I'm cheering you on to trust God's plan and love every millisecond with Him and the guiding of His loving hand!
~Bri

Comments

Popular Posts