To Be Seen





Seen.  I think all of us want to be seen and valued for who we truly are.  For example, I don't know about you, but I like when something I post on facebook or instagram gets a lot of likes or my videos get a bunch of views!  I like when someone compliments me on my outfit or hairdo - Lol.  It's a surface "seen", but still feels great! Ya know though, the feeling of being "seen" to others should really pale in importance comparison to the fact that I am seen by God!  

Do you ever have a moment where you feel invisible? (And pretending to be an invisible super hero doesn't count! ;)  Lol!!! (I know, I'm random - sorry! ;)  It could be an experience like I had the other day, when I was standing in line to return something at a store and the employee totally rudely ignored me or other instances - I'm thinking you've experienced one of those times too right?  I was sharing with my Mom about another time recently when I had felt invisible.   (not involving her fyi) It shouldn't have really even mattered, because it was a silly thing to bother me, but Mom in all her wisdom said something so simple and powerful that it made my heart stop in it's tracks. (not literally obviously - since I'm still alive - lol! ;)  She said, "Bri, God sees you and that's all that really matters."  Wow.  What a powerful truth.  GOD SEES ME.  The God Who holds all of the Universe in His hand, Whose design of creation is infinitely detailed, the God Who is defeating evil, the God Who is reigning in heaven from His Holy throne - HE SEES ME. Wow.  Ya know, that situation that was bothering me about me feeling invisible seemed even more silly when I reveled in the truth of God's eyes fixed on me with more love than I can even fathom.  (*insert humbled teary eyes here*)

A name for God in Hebrew is "El Roi" and it means "The God Who sees me".  Dear friend, may you know deeply today that God sees you!  He sees the YOU-EST of YOU and loves you INFINITELY and more deep than the big blue sea and more wide than the all of the arms of every human stretched wide. His "like" and "loves" and "views" of you are really the only kind that matters!  YOU ARE SEEN AND LOVED.  Speak that truth to your heart when you feel invisible and always- ok?  :)

 Here's one of my favorite Bible passages - such a good one to soak in the reality of God seeing us!

Psalm 139:1-18
 "O, Lord, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether.
Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

Blessings to you - seen one!  Know it and claim it! ;) 

-Bri

Comments

Popular Posts