What to do with Worry



Hi there!  Great to have you for a quick visit here at my blog space!
Wish I could give you a word of encouragement in person, but this page will have to do I guess! ;)


Worry.  It's a pretty common reaction in us humans isn't it?  Today I wasted a lot of time and energy on it to be honest.  I had something on my mind and thought about it way to much and since I just kept letting it be on my mind like a ferris wheel that never stops, it turned into a worry.  Ugh.  Worrying is no fun - literally - it isn't right?! And yet, I let my self go there and do it!  You know what the best thing is to do with worry?  Release it.  Simply that simple and yet sometimes infinitely hard to do because I'm stubborn and want to hold onto it?!  (face palm inserted here)  Let it go Bri.  That's what I felt God was prompting me to do today and when I did, boy, oh, boy did I ever feel better and a peace washed over me.  Release (definition from Merriam-Webster dictionary) : to relieve from something that confines, burdens, or oppresses. And to experience the best ever result of releasing your worry, is to lay it at the feet of Jesus.  I mean just think, He is All-Knowing, All-Powerful, Ever-Present, Infinitely Compassionate, Passionate about you knowing Him and knowing True Peace, The One Who gave up His life to give you an eternal one etc. etc. etc.  (I'd say that would be the best place to release worries and pour out your heart to - wouldn't you say?!!!!!!)  *huge grin inserted here*

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." - Phillippians 4:6-7

(Wowzers! What a promise to us!!!!!!!)

There's a southern gospel song titled, "Not Gonna Worry", that I grew up listening to and absolutely love by the Gaither vocal band and I wanted to share these impacting words with you today!  I totally encourage you to read them out loud!  

"I'm not gonna worry, I'm not gonna fret.
I'm not gonna speculate or contemplate what hasn't happened yet
I'm not gonna worry, He's got the whole thing in His hands.

I won't let it haunt me, I won't let it win.
I'm not gonna ruminate or meditate on how it might have been.
I'm gonna release it, He's got the whole thing in His hands.

Maybe lately I've started to resign,
So here it goes, God only knows
It might just ease my mind.

I'm not gonna worry, I'm not gonna fret,
I'm just gonna wait and see and in between give thanks for what I get.
I'll live in the moment, He's got the whole thing in His hands.

Maybe lately I've started to resign,
So here it goes, God only knows
It might just ease my mind.

I'm not gonna worry, I'm not gonna fret.
I'm not gonna speculate or contemplate what hasn't happened yet
I'm not gonna worry, He's got the whole thing in His hands.

He's got the whole thing in His hands.
He's got the whole thing in His hands."

Isn't that soooooooo good?!!!  Blessings to you!  Release those worries to the One Who holds you now and isn't afraid of your future - He's excited about it!!!! (So you don't worry and be excited too, ok?!)   ;)
~Bri

Comments

Popular Posts