Not Defined by Fear





Hey there!  Glad you "stopped by" today!  
Hope this little post is some good fuel for your day!


Defined.  What defines you?  I've been realizing lately how much I let fear define me.  I tend to keep it inside, but it still has bad affects.  Different things will come up in my day, I'll be too concerned about what other's think, or even just a glance at the news these days and my mind can easily go to fear.  Hmm....definitely not a healthy response especially when you go there too often - you start to believe lies that fear likes to feed.  Fear is no good, unless it's the righteous kind that means you're in awe of God and truly that's all the kind of fear I want to be defined by.  The fact of the matter is - I don't have time to be fearful in life and really don't have cause to be fearful when the ALMIGHTY REIGNING KING is on the throne and in control and loves me. (Grin.)  Do you have fears?  Let's take them to the ONE WHO can wipe away fears by showing us Who He is and holding us in His amazing arms - ok?!!

I love this quote by Max Lucado - 
"There's a stampede of fear out there.  Let's not get caught in it.  Let's be among those who stay calm. Acknowledge threats but refuse to be defined by them.  Let's be numbered among those who hear a different voice - God's!"

I desire to always be someone who stands for what is right, loves as Jesus loves, doesn't get caught up in "the crowd, is aware of the needs of others, doesn't let the world's voice drown out the only voice that really matters - Jesus' and I desire to be defined by only who Jesus is in me and live fearlessly!
What about you?!  You too?!! Well, let's do it!  Let's live this way TODAY - ok??!


John 14:27
 "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

Joshua 1:9 
"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."

Psalm 34:4 
"I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."


Psalm 94:19 
"In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul."

Psalm 112:1 
"Praise ye the Lord. Blessed is the man that feareth the Lord, that delighteth greatly in his commandments."

Blessings to you!  Don't let fear define you!  Cheering you on in this life and grateful for the mighty and loving hand of God to guide us every step of the way!
~Bri


Comments

  1. I needed this reminder today! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm so glad it was an encouragement to you!! Blessings on your week! God's got you!!! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts