New




Hey there amazing blog reading people!  I just want to start off by saying that I'm thankful for you!
I'm thankful that you desire to read my little posts and hope it stirs your heart to desire to love Jesus more and more!

A new outfit - doesn't it feel great to have one on?  I feel like a new woman when I wear one - lol!  And if you have a love of your life - isn't it great to get lost in their eyes?  (I'm looking forward to that someday! lol!)  You might be wondering what these two statements have to do with each other - let me explain!  It's on my heart of late to claim the truth DEEPLY that I am a new creation in Christ - from the moment I believed on Him as my Savior - I was clothed from the inside-out with ALL of Who He is and it's a "clothing" that never "wears-out" of it's glory!  I still need to recognize and claim it though - too often I listen instead to satan's lies that try to make me believe I'm dressed in rags.  Whoa nelly - that is SO NOT TRUE!  When you're a child of God - you are not clothed in rags but in His righteousness!!!  I've also been desiring to "get lost" gazing at my Savior to be "lost in His love"!  I think you know what I mean - to look into His face and have the things of this earth disappear in the light of His glory and grace!  To live the Kingdom of Heaven now, just as Jesus said to!

For today's post I simply have a quote by C.S. Lewis and Scriptures that challenge and cheer us on to live truth out today!

“Your real, new self (which is Christ's and also yours, and yours just because it is His) will not come as long as you are looking for it. It will come when you are looking for Him. Does that sound strange? The same principle holds, you know, for more everyday matters. Even in social life, you will never make a good impression on other people until you stop thinking about what sort of impression you are making. Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it. The principle runs through all life from top to bottom, Give up yourself, and you will find your real self. Lose your life and you will save it. Submit to death, death of your ambitions and favourite wishes every day and death of your whole body in the end submit with every fibre of your being, and you will find eternal life. Keep back nothing." - C.S. Lewis


"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new!" 
-II Cor. 5:17
"I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels." -Is. 61:10

Psalm 73:25-26, 28 "Whom have I in heaven but Thee?  and there is none upon earth that I desire beside Thee.  My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever! But it is good for me to draw near to God:  I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all Thy works!"

Psalm 121:1-2 "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth."

"As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness." -Ps. 17:15


May you know and claim the NEW creation that you are - arrayed in glory and purity and may you get lost in the love of your Savior!
~Much love,
Bri 

Comments

Popular Posts