"Wanna grab some coffee?"




Hey there!
Hope your past week went great and that this one is going super!
You may have noticed I didn't post last week - I took a break from social media for a bit and decided to skip posting for a week on here too, but I'm back!!! :)

To be honest, I wasn't quite sure what to post today.  I have a little collection of topics that I am wanting to write about and share with you, but for some reason I just wanted to keep this one short and pretty much just like a friendly little chat over some coffee! Would you like to grab some coffee and share about our week and what God was up to in it?  Awesome!  The coffee is on me!  ;)

I wish I could treat each and every one of you to a coffee for reals in celebration of what God is doing in your life, but just imagine I did ok?  Lol!  
I think I'll go with a vanilla latte with soy today, what would you like?  Oh good choice! ;)

(Btw - if you comment your fav coffee drink in the comments below on my blog page OR in the comments under my social media posts about this blog entry - I'm having a little drawing for anyone reading this post - for a coffee gift card! I'll notify you if you're the winner!)

So, we get our coffee and sit down and ask each other how our week is going.

Me:  My week's been pretty good!  It's going by fast!  On a personal note - I feel like God is really prompting me to do some specific things in pursuing Him and His Kingdom but I've been dragging me feet on it. Ugh.  *insert staring down at my coffee here* heh.

You: (I can imagine you saying to me) "That's ok, just don't drag your feet anymore!  Get up and just do it - He'll give you the strength and desire to if you just ask Him and then choose to act on His promptings and how His Spirit IS your enablement! The time is now friend!"  

Me: Wow. Thanks - that's so simple and true and I needed to hear someone cheer me on like you just did!  Feeling better already! I'm loving this chat already! Lol!

Me: So, how have YOU been?  Have you seen God move in special ways this week?  I love how He shows us He loves us in big ways and in small!  While you are thinking on how you've seen His love to you in action this week, I'll share a little story of mine!  I was feeling a little discouraged the other night and as I walked past a folder of misc. papers I needed to go through, I accidentally knocked it and papers fell out of the folder onto the floor.  Ooooosh - I bent over to pick them up and just ended up sitting on the floor with tears in my eyes, (happy ones actually - blessed ones) because one-by-one many of the papers that had fallen out were notes of encouragement from loved ones that I had saved but forgotten about.  They were PERFECT for that very moment.  It was a divine "accident" that I knocked that folder over.  God planned that.  My heart was filled with such sweet encouragement that only He could give in that way at that very moment.  Hey, speaking of which, have you heard that song by Mandisa that's called "God Speaking"?  If you haven't - it's SUCH a great one!  Let me tell you the lyrics...



                          "God Speaking" by Mandisa

"Have you ever heard a love song
That set your spirit free?
Have you ever watched a sunrise
And felt you could not breathe?
What if it's Him? What if it's God speaking?

Have you ever cried a tear
That you could not explain?
Have you ever met a stranger
Who already knew your name?
What if it's Him? What if it's God speaking?

Who knows how He'll get a hold of us?
Get our attention to prove He's enough
He'll do and He'll use whatever he wants to
To tell us 'I love you'

Have you ever lost a loved one
Who you thought should still be here?
Do you know what it feels like
To be tangled up in fear?
What if He's somehow involved?
What if He's speaking through it all?

Who knows how He'll get a hold of us?
Get our attention to prove He's enough?
He'll do and He'll use whatever he wants to
To tell us 'I love you'

His ways are higher, His ways are better
Though sometimes strange
What could be stranger than God in a manger?

Who knows how He'll get a hold of us?
Get our attention to prove He's enough?
Who knows how He'll get a hold of you?
Get your attention to prove He's enough?
He'll do and He'll use whatever He wants to
To tell us 'I love you'

God is speaking, 'I love you'"


Isn't that song so good?!  I want to keep my eyes more open to the ways all throughout the day that He tells me that He loves me!  How bout you?  You too?  Well, let's both keep our eyes ready to behold His glory!  Grin!  Goodness, *glances at watch* look at the time, we both have places to be, and here I am chatting your ear off!  Next time, I'll be a better listener! ;) Lol!  Thanks for sipping coffee and chatting for a few minutes!  (and don't forget to comment with your favorite coffee below or on my social media posts to enter the coffee gift card giveaway! ;)

Blessings to you this week as you listen to God's promptings, redeem the time and do the things that you've been dragging your feet on and look for the ways that God is always telling you that He loves you!!!
~Bri


Comments

Popular Posts