Promptings




Hey there!!!  Hope your week is going great!
This is a little post with a story and word of encouragement that God gave to me today and I'm passing it on to you!

Last night, as I was thinking through my plans for today (which started out with stopping by Starbucks for some morning coffee), I felt like God said, "Don't go to Starbucks tomorrow."  Hmmm.  Umm well, that kinda sounded like a strange prompting and not completely convinced that God was telling me that, I decided to go to sleep and see what I felt in the morning.  So, a few ZZZZZ's later and I woke up to the same prompting not to go to Starbucks this morning.  I didn't know why, that was an unknown and unknowns are not my favorite, but sensed that it was from the Lord.  Fast forward a little bit and I'm driving into to work and decide to go through the drive thru at Dunkin Donuts for a coffee. (Side note:  It wasn't out of spite to God's promptings or out of coffee addiction lol - but I truly felt His blessings to do so.)  As I order my Dark roast with French vanilla swirl and Almond Milk (lol.) and pull around the drive to pay, I look in my review mirror and recognize the lady in the car behind me!  There in the car behind me was the mom of a sweet girl who is on my bible club team at church!  I was excited at the opportunity and told the cashier at the window that I was going to pay for the lady behind me too!

People - let me just say this (to myself as much, if not more than to you!), when God prompts you to do something or not to do something or both - OBEY THAT PROMPTING!!!  Obey, even if it doesn't make sense, might even seem a bit strange and you don't understand why, because He is AT WORK!!!!!!!!  I pulled away from that drive thru AMAAAAZZZZED!!!  God had prompted me to do something and had set in motion a divine encounter!  Think of all the milliseconds that He lined up in order for my car to pull in right in front of hers at that Dunkin Donuts!  He knew she was going there this morning and He, in His divine incredibleness wanted to give me the opportunity to be His love to her.  I'm teary eyed typing this in awe and humbled at how God loves to use us.  I could have missed out on that opportunity!  He is ALWAYS AT WORK - MIRACULOUS WORK!!!  LISTEN and OBEY HIS PROMPTINGS!!!!!  Even when you don't end up seeing the outcome, like I did today, because the reality is that there is blessings ABOUNDING, seen and unseen, when it comes to the will of God!!!!!!!! That's faith in action people!!!!!  Wow - just wow.

Walk in the will of God and listen for Him - He will talk to you and guide you - just listen.

"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye." - Psalm 38:8

"Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin." -James 4:17

"For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. 10For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: 11So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. 12For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands. " - Isaiah 55: 9-12


Blessings! I'm high-fiving all of you and praising the Lord in celebration of the stories you have and will have in obeying God's promptings!!!
~Bri

Comments

Popular Posts