Ain't Nobody Got Time for That


Hey there everyone!  Hope your day is going super!

So, I chuckled as I typed the phrase that titles this post, “Ain’t nobody got time for that”!  It’s a phrase that’s been so popular and used for so many things for emphasis and for laughs and it came to mind as I was driving along in my car today.  As my car was taking me down the road, my mind was taking me to a thought that seemed worth thinking about at the moment, but in all reality it was a silly waste of time.  I was talking to myself about myself (lol) and what people thought of me.  I wasn’t really feeling confident in my outfit choice for today and yeah, well, like I said it was silly, but at the time it was a serious conversation of concern with me, myself and I.  Then, another thought hit me that went something like this, “What am I doing?!  This conversation in my head about worrying about what people think of me, and if I’m looking pretty enough today or not is not doing me ANY good!  Ain’t nobody got time for this!”   The more I thought about it, the more I realized what a waste of time and mental energy and emotion it was to be worried about something that won’t benefit God, me or others for that matter!  

Satan is out to plant lies or worries and try to get us to destroy ourselves from the inside out, (by us believing the lies and dwelling on them) but God is our Protector and His Holy Spirit is our truth defense and offense against deceit.  “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10)

AIN’T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR INSECURITIES!  God gifted us with this life and insecurities were not part of the abundant living that He promises!  The abundant living He promises is the truth of Who He is and who we are in Him and all the blessings that flow from that!!!  AND our time on earth is so short – I know that if we looked back on our life lived we would regret wasting time on worrying about something that we shouldn’t be – so let’s not ok?!!!  Next  time you find yourself having a conversation with yourself that involves being insecure – stop it in it’s tracks and tell yourself, “I ain’t got no time for that!”  Focus on the Kingdom of Heaven and serving the Lord and loving Who He is and who He made you to be!!!  Turn your thoughts into praise to the Lover of your soul!  You are beyond measurable value to Him!  That’s all that really matters.

“I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together. I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed. This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them. O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. (‭Psalms‬ ‭34‬:‭1-8‬)

Much love to you warrior of truth!  Live it out faithfully and speak the truth in your heart  – ok?!
~Bri

“Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill? He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart. (‭Psalms‬ ‭15‬:‭1-2‬)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts