Getting to Know You





Hi there!  Glad to have you here! Hope this post is a booster of truth to your day! :)


I love to hear stories of how couples met and fell in love - don't you?!  I like hearing them in person from the couple themselves, listening to them on the radio, watching it unfold in movies (Yes, I know that's not always based on a true story - lol.) ;) and reading the stories too!  It's fun as each story is unique!  I love the details of the initial pursuit, but I also love seeing how true love, as God designed it to be, is a life-long pursuit that is meant for marriage too!  Love is such a special and truly miraculous thing - no wonder we love hearing about it! 

Love pursues.

I love hearing the stories of lovebirds, and of course, us single folk, look forward to perhaps that part of our story happening too!  And yet, the greatest of all pursuits and love stories is the one of God to us!  He went to the GREATEST of all LENGTHS to show us His love - He gave the greatest sacrifice of His devotion for our lives, by giving His Son to the cross and even death could not keep Him from proving that belief in Him is the greatest love story of ALL!  He. LOVES. you!  Oh, how HE LOVES YOU!

The sweetest of relationships goes two ways and both the guy and the girl, in order for their love to thrive, need to both be pursing each other daily! (though God's love breaks through that earthly relationship fact, because He loves despite of how we love Him back. wow. THAT should make us want to love Him back ALL THE MORE!)  I was thinking on how much I love how He loves me and pursues me daily, but how I have been neglecting pursing Him!  I've purposed to use this month of March as a throttle to delight in Him and pursue Him!  Search out Who He is more (aka the title of this post "Getting to Know You") and draw close to His heart!  There's no negatives to doing so!  I get to bless the heart of God - WHOA!  And He blesses me in return for blessing Him!  Say whaaaaat?  What an amazing loved life to live!

I'm not a "love expert", but no one has to be in order to love. God has incredibly and wondrously designed you to love!! Giving love is such a glorious thing!  Think about it - YOU can love as ONLY YOU can!  There's NO other you, so the love you give the Lord is so precious to Him - incomparable to any other!  (and the same is true for loving your loved ones and anyone throughout your day!)

Like I said, I really like hearing the details of how love pursues!  I like how each guy and girl was creative in getting to know each other and how the guy pursued the girl's heart to win it and how they expressed their interest and then love and also how they fall more and more in love with each new day!  One way that I'm having fun getting to know God more, and thinking on what I love about Him is by keeping a piece of paper handy at my desk and throughout the day thinking of names and truths and descriptions of Who I know God to be and what I love about Him!  (I'll put a picture below of the paper from just this week - and HE IS ENDLESS GOODNESS!  All the paper and ink in the world couldn't contain His GREATNESS, but I'm sure blessed by using some paper and ink to help think on Him!!!!! I recommend doing it! :)



Note: When you pursue God first and foremost in life - life is fulfilling whether or not you have an earthly love story of your own and if it's in God's plan for you to experience one - you will be able to love that soul mate with the greatest of loves, because it will be God's love! (The most powerful love ever to give and to beautifully bind two lives as one!) ;)


"In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him!" -1 John 4:9


"When Thou saidst, Seek ye My face; my heart said unto Thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek." 
- Psalm 27:8

"We love Him because He first loved us!"
-1 John 4:19

Blessings to you!  Take a moment today to say to God, "I love You!" and revel in the pursuit of His heart to yours and seek Him in return!  It's the most fulfilling life to live!!!!!!!!
Smiling thinking on this and praying for you to live in it!
~Bri

P.S. This is one of my favorite of quotes and it goes so great with this post!


“To love you as I should, I must worship God as Creator. When I have learnt to love God better than my earthly dearest, I shall love my earthly dearest better than I do now. In so far as I learn to love my earthly dearest at the expense of God and instead of God, I shall be moving towards the state in which I shall not love my earthly dearest t all. When first things are put first, second things are not suppressed but increased.” -C.S. Lewis

Comments

Popular Posts