When God says "Wait."



"Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee."
~Psalms 25:21~

Hello there Everyone! :)  I'm excited about this post!  I love when I have a fun story to tell and I have one to tell today! :)

Last week I saw a pair of shoes online that I was immediately pretty crazy about - they were unique (which I love in a shoe - lol!) and I was pretty much ready to purchase them!  But, I had this check in my spirit and felt that God was quietly and gently saying, "Just wait Bri." 

I didn't really know why and it seemed kinda confusing because the shoes seemed like such a perfect "fit" for me and something I'd really enjoy!  Yet, I kept hearing that voice in my spirit say, "Just wait."   Hmm. Well, I decided to listen to that prompting and later found out a little bit more about those shoes and that the quality wasn't that great at all.  I was glad I chose to listen to God's voice!  Now, fast forward a week and on Valentine's Day eve - I went to the mall.  (yes, to me there is a V-day Eve since I love Valentine's so much - lol!). I was looking around and didn't really find anything. I was kinda bummed as I was hoping to find a special something to buy in celebration of love day! lol! (Yes, I know I'm a little crazy, but I'm happy to be that way! lol!)  I went into one last store. (At this point I can imagine God smiling when I, oblivious to His plan, stepped foot into that store.)  

I went over to the shoe dept. and was browsing their final sale section and what did I see?  Well, it made me smile, it made me slightly giddy, it made me grateful to the Lord for His infinite wisdom and care for even the littlest details of life! He's such a loving God! 

There on the shelf was one pair of these super unique shoes of a quality shoe brand that I've never seen in the states! (as it's a classy hand-made shoe brand based in Mexico)  I've wanted a pair of these Loly in the Sky brand shoes for awhile and there sitting on the shelf in a size that fit me, was a pair!  AND they were covered in sprinkles no less! (I love sprinkles!  Talk about celebration shoes!!!! haha!) AND (as if it couldn't get any better! lol!) inscribed on the bottom of the shoes were these words, "I finally found you! P.S. Let's have fun!" (the clerk said he hadn't seen that brand in the store the past 3 years)  Oh. Man.!!!! GRIN. 

God has such a fun sense of humor and love and care!!! When He says, "Wait." - He has a plan and He can move heaven and earth (and shoe inventory and shipments) to accomplish it!!!!! Lol! Even in my doubt - His plan is always UNDOUBTEDLY and infinitely more amazing than anything I could dream up!  Doesn't that story put a smile on your face?!!!!!!!  I would have missed out on those shoes if I went with the "I want it now!" feeling that I had a week earlier! lol!  THAT'S HOW GOD WORKS!  

When God says "Wait.", it's NEVER just to confuse you, annoy you, irritate you, sadden or disappoint you!  It is ONLY to bless you!  It's to strengthen you, to infuse you with character, to help you experience hope, to make you a living example of His glory, to show you His will in THE MOST WONDERFUL WAY, to fulfill you to the fullest because your trust is in Him! :) When it feels so discouraging in waiting times, remember that sometimes when you "make it happen" on your own, you could actually be missing out on something better!  Waiting on God is truly a gift - don't despise it! ;) 

I've mentioned this before, but I love repeating it, because it just AMAZES ME LIKE CRAZY!!  The Strong's definition for "wait" states this - "a primitive root; to bind together (perhaps by twisting), i.e. collect; (figuratively) to expect:--gather (together), look, patiently, tarry, wait (for, on, upon)."  Isn't that incredible?!!  Waiting BINDS TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!  It binds us with God and His promises and blessings!  (Gives waiting a different perspective, doesn't it?!)  Here are some verses on waiting that are incredible! Enjoy!

"And now, Lord, what wait I for?  My hope is in Thee!" ~Psalm 39:7

"Wait on The Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on The Lord!" ~Psalm 27:14

"Our soul waiteth for the Lord: He is our help and our shield.  For our heart shall rejoice in Him, because we have trusted in His holy name! Let Thy mercy, O Lord, be upon us, according as we hope in Thee!" 
~Psalm 33:20-22

"Wait on The Lord, and keep His way, and He shall exalt thee to inherit the land:  when the wicked are cut off, Thou shalt see it." 
~Psalm 37:34

"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye. Be glad in The Lord, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart."      
 ~Psalm 32:8; and 11

"But they that wait upon The Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." ~Isaiah 40:31

"For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him." ~Isaiah 64:4


Blessings to you friends!  May you be encouraged in your waiting times and excited for what waiting, in God's book, is all about! ;) I'm cheering you on!!!! :) 
~ Bri

Comments

Popular Posts