One of those days...




11/2/16
Hey there friends!  Hope you've been having a great week!

To be honest I had kind of a rough day.  You ever have one of those days?  Yeah.  I was feeling really, really down on myself.  I know that's not good and that it grieves God's heart when I am, but I didn't do a very good job of shaking myself out of it today.  Soooooo, today's post is pretty much a "pep talk" to myself of truth and I hope it helps you on "one of those days" too! :)

First of all, (as my bro-in-law blessed me today by reminding me) God is in control of our days and everything He allows can be turned into good when we choose to trust Him - He is a Redeemer! He redeems rough days by using them to refine us and sharpen us for His Kingdom work!

Second of all, being down on yourself is not of God.  There's no benefit to it. Don't give satan the pleasure of watching one of God's very own (you) tear herself or himself down. (I failed pretty good on this today and regret it.)

Thirdly, here are some amazing bits of encouragement - excerpts from some of Roy Lessin and Max Lucado books.  There's also lyrics to a song that God brought to mind that ministered to my soul so sweetly tonight.

"Ten things God wants you to remember.
I am for you.
I love you.
I believe in you.
I will not fail you.
I will be with you.
I will provide for you.
I will bless you.
I will give you rest.
I will strengthen you.
I will answer you."
-Roy Lessin from "Meet Me in the Meadow"

"Today is your best day. You may be going through a very difficult time today but that does not mean this is your worst day. God will use the difficulty to produce precious things within you that you will treasure in days to come. There may be pressures on your day, but God uses pressure to form diamonds.  There may be a fiery trial in your day but, God uses fire to purify gold. There may be an irritant in your day, but God uses irritants to create pearls.  God will bring His comfort to you and the comfort you receive will help you comfort someone tomorrow." - Roy Lessin

"When you are yoked to Jesus you are not yoked to restlessness, strife, or worry. Peace is not the absence of conflict but the presence of Jesus." -Roy Lessin

Matthew 11:28-30 "Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart:  and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  For My yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

"God is God.  He knows what He is doing.  When you can't trace His hand, trust His heart." - Max Lucado

"This is God's goal for you: More victory than defeat, more joy than sadness, more hope than despair." - Max Lucado

(This song below I just love so much because it reminds me so vividly that I'm God's child and He loves and cares for me, His child, like no one can or ever will.

"Call my name
And I will answer
All you need
It's here inside my arms
Just breathe
And you'll be safe and sound with me

No one knows you better than me
No one's been a better friend

So rock-a-bye baby
Come and rest
You've been tired lately
Lay your head down
Don't you think, baby
I know best
I've been a father
For a long time

No one knows you better than me
No one's been a better friend"
-"Cecie's Lullaby" Lyrics by Steffany Frizzell-Gretzinger

Blessings to you!
May you have peace and joy always, even in the midst of a rough day.  It's possible even when it feels like it isn't because you have the Holy Spirit within you and with Him ALL things are possible! (Phillipians 4:13)
~Bri

Comments

Popular Posts