Expectations



Hi there friends!
Hope your week is going great!


I'm excited about today's post - excited to share what God laid on my heart this morning!  It's warmed my heart for today and I hope it does the same for you too!

I was thinking about life this morning - on how life can be full of expectations, but the only expectation that is infalliable is the expectation of God being all of Who He is - ALL GOOD!  I decided that's where I want my all my expecations to be today (and every day) - on the ONE Who is All knowing, All powerful and All present, Who holds my every moment and gives me breath and hope for now and the future!  It was a good sort of reality check for me.  Where are my expectations?  

God showed me one of my favorite verses in a new light today and my it made my heart so happy - it was just what I needed to hear from Him - He knows me so well and I love that fact!

"My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from Him.  He only is my rock and my salvation: He is my defence;  I shall not be moved.  In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.  Trust in Him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before Him: God is a refuge for us.  Selah." -Psalms 62:5-8

Is that not an awesome set of verses or what?!  I'm gonna keep reading this throughout today!  
I looked into the original Hebrew meaning of the words "wait" and "expectation" as used in verse 5 and the meanings put a smile on my face literally!  I love God's passion for details!  

Wait = to be astonished, to hold peace, to quiet self, rest, be silent, be (stand) still, tarry
A thought: I love how David (a man of God -the writer of Psalms) is saying to his own soul - "wait thou only on God"!  I'm saying that to my soul today as well!!

Expectation = Literally a cord (to bind together), hope, a thing that I long for
A thought: If expections are a binding in the soul - the only thing I want to truly be bound to is God's truth and Him alone!   "Whom have I in heaven but Thee?  and there is none upon earth that I desire beside Thee.  My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever." -Psalm 73:25-26  "Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope." -Psalm 16:9

It's easy to expect certain things or circumstances out of life and it's easy to place expectations on loved ones or even people that we don't know along our daily routines, but life is more filled with peace -God's peace and hope - God's hope when HE alone is where our expectations are established in and built on.  

Blessings to you as you walk with Christ today!  Expect His love to be lavished on you because it is!  Expect Him to be at work mightily, because HE is!  Expect His will to be accomplished perfectly - because that's exactly how HE accomplishes it!  Expect Him to be your steady Rock - because HE delights to be etc. etc. etc.! ;)

Cheering you on!
Bri

Comments

Popular Posts