Quality Time




Hello!!
Welcome to my blog!  I'm honored to have you here for a few minutes of your day!!  I hope today's post is a happy to your heart!

Quality time.  
It's really essential to relationships!  I love when I get to spend quality time with my Dad, Mom, (hence the throwback pic of me and them above - lol!) Sister, Brother, and friends.  The other day my Dad and I had a really good conversation, a deep one, one where I shared my heart with him and I can't tell you how good I felt after that!  I'm blessed to be able to work for my Dad and love doing life with him and all of my family together, but there's just nothing like a good heart-to-heart with him!  It makes me feel empowered, charged-up for living for Christ, excited about the future and on top of that I get to hear his heart for me too and gain from listening to his wisdom.

This had me thinking - if quality time with my earthly Father is such a blessing to my life, how much MORE should I be spending quality time with my Heavenly Father!!!!!  I've gotten into this habit of walking through my day as His child, but not taking His hand He is offering.  The hand He's offering to "whisk" my heart away for some quiet from the swirl of life time and heart-to-heart time with Him.  THAT is essential to my life and my relationship with Him, yet I've been not making it a priority.  By choosing to take time to be with the CREATOR of all time and the One Who holds time - how could I possibly "miss out" on anything "more" important.  I submit to you that I wouldn't. ;)  How much more would my other priorities become greater when I make Him the HIGHEST - FIRST AND FOREMOST priority???!!!  I mean, the KING OF THE UNIVERSE (Who has every right of claiming a "busy" status) NEVER doesn't have time for me. That's just WOW!  I have full access to His throne and 24/7 access to heart-to-heart time with Him. (insert blessed teary eyes here) and yet I get wrapped up in "me time" and miss out on some incredible super-charges for life and much needed and vital abiding time! I remember how much I loved Daddy-daughter dates as a little girl - it was so exciting getting to go out with the main man in my life - I felt so special being with him.  Today many years later I feel the same and yet am reminded how much even more precious and special it is when I'm abiding with the Most High King - God Almighty - My Heavenly Father Who is ever present and always ready to talk to me, guide me through this life, give me vision for now and the future and loves being near to me - because He has my heart and I have His. 

Make quality time with your Heavenly Father a priority friends!
Your life will have the most purpose, the truest vision and deepest blessing when you do!  He loves you more richly and passionately than you could ever know! 
Blessings,
Bri

Colossians 3:1-3
3 "If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God."

Romans 12:2
2 "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

Ephesians 3:16-19
16 "That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God."

Psalm 46:10-11
10 "Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
11 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah."

1 Thessalonians 2:12
12 "That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory."

Comments

Popular Posts