Genuine Interest



Hi there one and all!  Hope you're having a great week!

This post is a short and sweet exhortation regarding something I observed of late. :)

Genuine interest.  Such a gift to give and receive yet it's getting more rare it seems these days.  It seems it's not a valued life attribute as much as it should be!  I really appreciate someone who shows genuine interest in me as a fellow creation of God living this life in my one-of-a-kind way!  It blesses me when they ask me about me and genuinely listen to my answer instead of asking me about me (just out of cordial-ness) and not really caring to hear the answer -even going into the "zone" of uninterest when I answer. Lol!!  It's easy to do, with busy lives and lots on our minds, (I realize that) but it's also a simple choice.  We either choose to not be interested or choose to be interested - it's that simple!  And people are worth more than time or the busy agenda that occupy our minds.  And being genuine is not just for the bubbly out-going personality btw- it's a choice to be lived out by every personality! ;)  It's truly living out Christ's character!  I know Jesus didn't ask people how they were and then "zone-out",  un-interested in them and their answer!   He IS GENUINENESS HIMSELF!!! He saw each person as His Heavenly Father designed them - one-of-a-kind and with a unique purpose in this life! He loved getting to know them as He amazingly walked this earth with a purpose of His own - to save each person ever given life! (Wowzers!)  When someone chooses to show me that character of Christ - I am always soo blessed - very deeply actually! And it's blesses God and brings Him glory when we make that choice and live out being genuinely interested in His beloved creation - people!  

:Genuine: Sincere and Honest and not false or fake

1 Peter 1:22 "Seeing ye have purifies your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently!"

Choose to be genuine!  The result is a blessed you and blessed others, glory to the Most High God, and reward both now and into eternity!

Cheering you on on genuine-ness!
:) Bri

Comments

Popular Posts